Hi all i need help!!!!!!

billtill

Reaction score
Ive payed and booked to do my cisrs course in kent for labouring (cots) and it says on the website i need 6 months experience scaffold labouring to do the course i have phoned up and emailed so many scaffold companies telling them i want to change m job and have a career, i labourer on sites already and have done for 3 years hod carrying and heavy duty stuff but they all say i need experience in scaffold labouring i mean how can i gain experience if no1 gives me a chance?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Hiya mate. I've heard if you are paying for it yourself it doesn't matter about 6 months expeirience. Good luck mate.

I thought you needed to complete the COT's course before you could get a job scaffold labouring.. then a mim of 6 months before booking yourself on part 1. should be a bit longer for some of the young guns you meet. Good luck with the job hunt fella.

ive never even heard of a labouring course try sgb/harsco they will take you on mate google nearest yard or even trads

I paid for my part 1 myself. Without the 6 months expeirience bit. Going to book in for my part 2 & that also says 6 months on site expeirience.

Its only an educational course like any other. quite a few course providers around with places to fill

Its only an educational course like any other. quite a few course providers around with places to fill

Exactly!!!!! Nail on the head drifta bill think ur worrying about nothing mate turning up for your course ain't the same as turning up for the advanced one lol

Plus good on you Jeff trust me soon as u get the part 2 card all the troubles seem so far away........... Or so I've been told lol nah I'll have mine in 6 weeks the new firm I'm starting on Tuesday have given me the above time to get it sorted otherwise it's labourers £££ for me :(..... In truth best thing for me that is

lol,youll buy your qualification then spend a few years teaching yourself to scaff,if you can get a start, Happy days.

As the 1st Guy Says just tell them you have experience mate they dont really care they need to fill their courses dont stress yourself over it

The tutor at Birmingham college said to my lad when he went, that you do not have to do the COT's course you can go straight into Part 1. Don't know how true this is!

Top Bottom