Help please! Beginner scaffolder

Ben Collins

Reaction score
Hi My names Ben Collins been labouring for 3 years I currently hold a blue skilled worker cscs card to get on sites. I am looking at becoming a scaffolder but what is the first step I need to take? I have looked at the part 1 course but that says I need so many weeks experience befor I can start it! Thanks in advance for any help! I am based in Hull so would also appreciate any good places around here to train. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all agree with me Ben but I always advise anyone starting out to get on with a scaffold firm and try to get an apprenticeship. Paying for these courses are expensive and as you have already noticed you are meant to have a minimum of 6 months experience to get anything out of the part 1 although I have seen this circumnavigated in the past.

Get yourself round the yards Monday morning, see what you can turn up.

I'll have a look into that cheers I didn't realise there was apprenticeships for scaffolders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all agree with me Ben but I always advise anyone starting out to get on with a scaffold firm and try to get an apprenticeship. Paying for these courses are expensive and as you have already noticed you are meant to have a minimum of 6 months experience to get anything out of the part 1 although I have seen this circumnavigated in the past.

How was this navigated? Sorry to interrupt the thread.

i agree i got my apprenticeship with Kaefer C&D an passed out in december 2013
down in Norwich bircham newton the place was called it lasted 3 years an i was down there every 3 or 4 months for 2 weeks an loved every minute off it excellent instructors and they don't pass any ole sh*te hope this helps

How was this navigated? Sorry to interrupt the thread.

Sorry I missed this one, but prior experience is difficult to confirm. If someone tells you that they have been labouring for the past 12 months for a firm that has since gone defunct, it's very difficult to either confirm or deny it.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

i agree i got my apprenticeship with Kaefer C&D an passed out in december 2013
down in Norwich bircham newton the place was called it lasted 3 years an i was down there every 3 or 4 months for 2 weeks an loved every minute off it excellent instructors and they don't pass any ole sh*te hope this helps

Nice to hear that it all worked out for you, well done.

Top Bottom