hello to all

lmc.argylls1

Reaction score
Hello to all members. My name is liam, I'm 23 from glasgow and looking to begin a career in scaffolding . I have recently left the military and have no experience within this industry and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice and direction on how to go about beginning a career ! It would be really appreciated . Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I would try ringing some local firms and enquire about being taken on as a labourer first and see if you like it. Some ex squaddies have asked the same question on here so you are not the first to ask. An advantage would be to have a driving license, preferably a 7.5 tonner.
Also being ex-forces will tell employers that you are fit, that is also an advantage.
There are other lads on here that will give you advice on how to begin in this trade, so good luck in your search.

John is spot mate working with a ex marine from Sunderland at the mo also the fact ur ex military not only means fit the main draw is the mindset you can take an order and have a laugh without breaking trust me mate firms would be lucky to ya good lluck

Welcome to the Forum, we need more like you in this industry, good luck.

Thanks verry much for the advice folks. Awaiting a fone call to get started at next week somepoint hopefully. Unfortunately I don't have a licsense one thing I regret not doing whilst in to be honest hopefully the ex military bit gives an advantage and I get a chance . Again cheers for the info

Have you looked at govt funding ,for your part 1. and hg. Im sure theres help out there

Is that possible to do your part 1 before you've got a job. Just asking becausde from what I've read it's said trainees must have at least 6 months experience within thhe job before doing it or am I incorrect ? .

Google scaff courses Liam. Im pretty sure anyone can do the course without previous experience. Have a look at Simian training for one. Its a really quiet day on the forum,a lot of the regular posters will know more. Will help to get a job as a scaff lab,learn the the terminoligy at least. Its about aweek course for part one cost about £800. You have an assessment after 6 mths,.cost another £400 Not sure if you should keep a portfollio of jobs before assessment. Look for funded courses. Ex services should get help.

Top Bottom