Scaffold system hammer

I use a 200z stanley claw hammer, you will definately need the claw to pull nails out of the ply when stripping... the system toffee hammers are very ltd...

I dont think we use nails in scaffolding here lads. where do you use the shuttering?

I dont think we use nails in scaffolding here lads. where do you use the shuttering?

In awkward places with the system, we nail 3/4 ply down between the boards and small gaps,hence the nails.... in fact they nail every fukin thing down...lol...right ******* to strip.lol.. does get windy here though...

Not allowed to nail or screw boards here. Theres a new method of holding scaffboards down. Called safelinx.

Not allowed to nail or screw boards here. Theres a new method of holding scaffboards down. Called safelinx.
we can go 10ft per transom spacing... would safelinx work on that... remember the winds out here are nothing like the UK... gales in the UK are like a mild breeze here

Look em up cassie. The guy invented Flynn design solutions posts on here,
You never know might be able to do a bit of business;)

Hes in the hottest thrreads column.

Will do mate, I'll have a look and see if they would work here, pain in the fukin arse pulling nails out... they even nail the fukin toeboards down...lol.. cheers mmate.

They are not for filling in awkward gaps or anything Cassie but they will hold down a fleet of boards against winds over 100mph.

They are not for filling in awkward gaps or anything Cassie but they will hold down a fleet of boards against winds over 100mph.

looks agood idea... were we fill awkward gaps with boards, they nail 3/4 down here, seems to work well,, I'd lay boards down like we do in the UK, but if they want ply down then thats what I do.. It doess get very windy here though and we are right next to the ocean, it blows like **** some days...

I use my system hammer here in Alberta, don't use any wood on here as it's a live plant so I've no need for a claw. Canadians took the pi$$ for a bit, I took it in good humour and waited because I knew my time would come. Watched a couple of them whacking feck out of a ledger trying to get it to sit in the rosette for about 10 minutes one night, then just walked over, podged it in and walked away without a word................

I use my system hammer here in Alberta, don't use any wood on here as it's a live plant so I've no need for a claw. Canadians took the pi$$ for a bit, I took it in good humour and waited because I knew my time would come. Watched a couple of them whacking feck out of a ledger trying to get it to sit in the rosette for about 10 minutes one night, then just walked over, podged it in and walked away without a word................

I have a long 22mm ratchet spanner with a podger end, works the same for pushing the ledgers in... brought my 7/16 ratchet over and it fits **** all apart from laps.. which they dont use much here, lol.... had to buy the new ratchet, its about 45ft long...lol... pops outta frog all the time, piece of ****..lol

no bigger than the normal eastwing type,short and stubby by far the best layher hammer,it never was in the frog too long to be lugged about anyway pmax.

Look on eBay for a estwing roofers hammer. The pick comes in handy when the ledger is abit tight to get in.

This man speaks the truth, preferably with the blue rubber handle as opposed to the leather version ( slippery ).

With Layher the claw of the hammer is well useful for levering tight ledgers in at the rosette as opposed to damaging the material with brute force.

I used a lathammer back in Holland I tried to find it here in Canada but no such luck I guess they aren't allowed to sell them. The reason I want it again is because they are so damn usefull you can pop nails hammers nails you can pop in ledgers that are tight (put the longer claw into a hole and use it as a lever). Yeah i know you can do that with a ratchet wrench or a podger which we don't use here and I am smarted then a ledger so I use a hammer for this gotta use it anyways to whack the pin in. And if a wooden plank is too far away you reach it again with the longer claw and gently whack it and pull it towards you.

I used a lathammer back in Holland I tried to find it here in Canada but no such luck I guess they aren't allowed to sell them. The reason I want it again is because they are so damn usefull you can pop nails hammers nails you can pop in ledgers that are tight (put the longer claw into a hole and use it as a lever). Yeah i know you can do that with a ratchet wrench or a podger which we don't use here and I am smarted then a ledger so I use a hammer for this gotta use it anyways to whack the pin in. And if a wooden plank is too far away you reach it again with the longer claw and gently whack it and pull it towards you.

Listen, do have the name (brand) of this hammer, I really like it...

Top Bottom