Industrial shrink wrap

Paddy,
I was in Holland when a company now called Envirowrap started using it. About 15 years ago now.
You dont need training. A monkey with a cigarette lighter could do it.
We used to steal gloves off welders lol

ha ha ha.....shrink wrapped a full oil rig; airtight and water tight......then some thick **** cuts wndows in it cos it's hot. Like playschool....round one arched one etc.....ha ha:laugh::laugh:

so phil by now you must know what its like to buy stuff that dont shrinkrite then comes to pieces to be told you havent installed it right ??

i know one thing if you dont keep the heat moveing you have more holes than my socks lol!! only used it a couple of times but i think it beats that monoflex for neatness!!!!

so phil by now you must know what its like to buy stuff that dont shrinkrite then comes to pieces to be told you havent installed it right ??

I found out the hard way scaffy :cry: but we did get paid for the 3 roofs we done and i have sourced a good supplier down Hastings way who will be be helping me with my future requirements ;)

Paddy,
I was in Holland when a company now called Envirowrap started using it. About 15 years ago now.
You dont need training. A monkey with a cigarette lighter could do it.
We used to steal gloves off welders lol

Well said mate. (not the bit about the monkey tho)
Couldn't believe these prices some charge....
I worked for Envirowrap on/off for about 10 years, I would be able to retire if I charged everyone I trained.

Thought about it many times mate, too much hard work. Lol
I wrote and designed a training manual/course about 5 years ago and took it to citb, but they told me there wouldn't be much interest in it and never took me up on my offer.
I was trying to make shrink wrapping a trade.
Too lazy now. ��������

Joking aside...the lads you trained,are they still in the game. TBH I dont know much about it. Is there something technical about it that would make it a trade?

There might well be a demand Frederik from busy scaffs who can't afford the time but it will only ever be an add on to a skill set, never a trade.

industrial shrink rap ???
i take it u mean enviro rap. as the only industrial shrink rap i have used was like supper strenth cling film. me and a mate thought it would be funny to rap a freinds car in it one night after a lot of drink. how were we to no that night the temp would go to -2 and freeze to the car. took half the paint of his car when he tryed to remove it in the morning to go to work. oooopppss. lol

LMFAO, Brilliant.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh
Always wondered what would happen.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Joking aside...the lads you trained,are they still in the game. TBH I dont know much about it. Is there something technical about it that would make it a trade?

Yea man, A few still work with the Shrinkwrap companies i worked for, A few abroad and a various Shipyards and Powerstations around Britain.
Most would spend a few months getting onsite training and then leave due to working away from home for so long. A lot of time and traveling involved.

Yes it quite a tecnical job. I wont bore you with all the detail but
Lots of people(scaffs) see it as just sticking plastic to scaffolding....Easy....

I wish it was that easy.

A cracking job for the winter>>

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

There might well be a demand Frederik from busy scaffs who can't afford the time but it will only ever be an add on to a skill set, never a trade.

Did you work for CITB 5 Years ago??? Lol

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Yea man, A few still work with the Shrinkwrap companies i worked for, A few abroad and a various Shipyards and Powerstations around Britain.
Most would spend a few months getting onsite training and then leave due to working away from home for so long. A lot of time and traveling involved.

Yes it quite a tecnical job. I wont bore you with all the detail but
Lots of people(scaffs) see it as just sticking plastic to scaffolding....Easy....

I wish it was that easy.

A cracking job for the winter>>

Did you work for CITB 5 Years ago??? Lol

eh no but good to know it's not the first time you have heard that advice.

Top Bottom