Rigger boots

woodsie

Reaction score
Got pulled up by the health n safety officer for wearing rigger boots, he recons that they dont provide ankle support what argument can i give so that i can keep wearing my boots, surrely if your not allowed to wear them on site why are they legal to sell if theyre so dangerous to the ankle.
Please leave plenty of amo so as i can fire upon Mr safety officer.

Not banned on all sites yet woodsie, but I would say it is going that way, am sure the railways started the war against the good old rigger boot & (recreational drug users), I can only assume that as a result of numerous accident investigation findings regarding sprains to the ankles etc, that the good old rigger was found part guilty on the charge of contributory negligence..... probably 60/40....Drink, Drugs & total incompetence played a 40% contributory factor for the user.......... what size are there????.. 9??.. how much for cash??????LOL

Last edited:
imo riggers are the worst boots to wear .baggy curly toed slippers .lace ups everytime.

worked in riggers years on and offshore.. never broke my ankle yet.. lol...

Riggers are the site version of Uggs......
you cant beat a good pair of brown Brogues...

Worked on jobs where they're not allowed, explanation, they dont give enough support for the ankles and in the event of a sprain or fracture further damage can be done getting the boot off.

I can see where they are coming from....do we need to have total ankle support? if so its got to be 20 hole cherry red DM's...

Yeh but are there any pros to wearing the rigger boots so as i can tell Mr Safety?? Why can you bye them if they`re illigal to wear on site? There must be some bullpoo explanation i can give him to keep wearing them, coz most of what he says is bullpoo.

Tell him you cant get any other tighter boots on as your bunions from wearing your 6inch stilletto boots are playing up...see what he has to say about that..

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

He'd probably want to wear them as most s/o are closet drag queens...

I can see where they are coming from....do we need to have total ankle support? if so its got to be 20 hole cherry red DM's...

Will have to be subsidized tok have you seen the price of DM's now???...:amuse: And it will have to be cherry, Tan or Black............................................

Last edited:
So why are Wellington boots, not banned then..........Concreters and groundworkers wear them all the time !!!!!!! and siteworkers in snowy and Wet weather wear them ?????

now its getting feckin stupid.i wear boxers,is it ok to wear boxers,as they dont give support.:D man up people,you dont need to take a three day course,so wear what you feel good in,all hse states(i think)steel toe caps.

Last edited:
most boots ive tried in past two years,have been no good for walking in,never mind working in,they dont make boots like they used to.its all for feckin fashion.

flip flops,and denim cut offs,with ball hanging out,especially on street work..

hola daz,u siesta all day over there,so no chance of any dazzling ball display over there lol

Top Bottom