any brighton scaffolders on here ?

thelayherking

Reaction score
i live out in europe now , but lived and worked in brighton for the last twenty seven , just wondered how things are going down your ends ?

nice one scaffy plenty of work down there ? i left last year and it was getting sketchy for a lot of firms .

started on austins 84 , went through them all and had my own firm for the last ten or twelveworked for gkn sgb palmers deborah blaid westmoreland sparks mid sussex digby marchants lol too many more , orion d and j langridge shaft blah blah blah as long as each one paid a skin diver a day more lol and you mate ?

Last edited:
So you know ralph prodger and councilor vic marchant then ?

vic not a favorite , yeh and ralph yeh mate , all the brighton regulars , one of my old guys works for ralph now , top scaff , darren , from worthing

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

im not coming back to the uk anytime soon but i do muiss the crack around town , im a site manager for hertel gerustbau now , and scaffs are the same worldwide but had a lot of good times down there

Gerustbau = scaffolding

Ralph worked for me back in 96 i also know little tim thumb and andy minter , used to buy gear of vic when he had yard where they built gala bingo place kemptown

whats your name then scaffy if you dont mind me askin , wonder if we have met , yeh gerustbau is scaffolding , were building a chemi plant in frankfurt till the end of the year then on to a refinery shut down i think , all turkish labour here these days ,

Last edited:
Arthur parsons ex palmers been wih D&R for years

I spent a few years working for Palmers Shoreham and GKN Peacehaven mid to late 1980's
Does anyone know where Owen Rootes, Dave Nichols, Jimmy Brittle or Bernie May are these days?

I spent a few years working for Palmers Shoreham and GKN Peacehaven mid to late 1980's
Does anyone know where Owen Rootes, Dave Nichols, Jimmy Brittle or Bernie May are these days?
jimmy is dead unfortunately , and owen and dave i aint seen for years and bernie my old mucker , is in little hampton swfty said

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

How about Dave Bird, Mick Hannon, John and Pete Hayler, Sooty Clayton and Mercer?

sooty and mercer still in brighton with there own firm , i worked for years with these two boys , good days , mick and dave still goin strong too

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Are you Mick Read or Arthur Parsons???

neither thank god lolol

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

jimmy is dead unfortunately , and owen and dave i aint seen for years and bernie my old mucker , is in little hampton swfty said

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

sooty and mercer still in brighton with there own firm , i worked for years with these two boys , good days , mick and dave still goin strong too

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

neither thank god lolol

im aj whos is you have spanner ya name aiint fred is it

i think dave bird was working in beechams but was off sick

john hayler works for ashacre ( stevie graham)

pete hayler was doing some sort of night work on the underground as a manager for kier or firm like that

dave nichols now lives kent essex way with a steady girlfriend and sometimes comes back to do a bit for dave roberts

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

mick read still doing a bit as well last time we chatted..........

layerking when did you work for sparks ?

you know me tim , aj dreadlock scaff , but they went grey and had to go lol , what u up to these days

Top Bottom