National CISRS Membership??? Figures........?

poacher turned gamekeeper

Reaction score
Anyone got any figures of how many Scaffolders (allbeit trainee, Basic, Advanced, Supervisor that are registered on the dodgey CISRS scheme???????

Only a start but lets get some figures to start a debate??? do we really need this cartel to govern us into the next generation??? the majorities voice is being surpressed into silence.....????????????????:wondering:

I was allways led to beleive that any form of society that included members was'nt a closed shop????..... Come on Mosley.. make yourself accountable man... talk to the SCCR or talk to the 20,000 plus CISRS members.. we need a ballot on the CISRS structure (jobs for the boys is probably a bit cheeky to the norm, but you boys can take the Piss)...for all our members, cos your are not cutting the mustard pal ,more **** courses more cost, no quality training for SCAFFOLDERS!!!!...open your establishment up lets have some transparencey or open your eyes and see the way things are going on the SF themomentum is building against you & the CISRS fatcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Anyone got any figures of how many Scaffolders (allbeit trainee, Basic, Advanced, Supervisor that are registered on the dodgey CISRS scheme???????

Only a start but lets get some figures to start a debate??? do we really need this cartel to govern us into the next generation??? the majorities voice is being surpressed into silence.....????????????????:wondering:

Thought provoking,

Can you union not provid us with how many scaffolder are on there books it's only a case of asking the shop stewards ? I no not everyone is a member but is a start

I was told 25,000 to 30,000 CISRS scaffolders. That would mean at least 45,000 + in the country!

Not sure if thats right but who knows???

Ragscaff

Thread was posted in a drunken rant,
point being if the majority of us CISRS registered Scaffs need to write and send emails to the CISRS fat-cats voicing our concerns about the quality of the training, and the fact that new course's ie SITS Advanced Inspection are being put together and run for the benefit of site agents / managers & not for Scaffolders. The CISRS cash cow is now growing faster than a malignant tumor, and needs addressed & challenged by the 45'000 CISRS members who are obviously viewed as the next depositors into the Construction Industry Scaffolders Robbery Scheme Piggy-bank.

are SF members aware that all Advanced card holders renewals are going to have to complete a two day assessment upon future card renewals???? more coin for the CISRS and wait for it....Refresher training for SITS renewal?? more coin for the CISRS. a licence to print money.....................................................

we must be the only trade / skill that cant maintain competency without splashing out the cash what happened to CPD continuous professional development.

CPD don't get taxed in other industries, does anyone know of steel erectors having to go on two day assessments for card renewals???????????????????????

Last edited:
YOUR SPOT ON THERE POACHER.
I CANT ARGUE ABOUT THE NEED FOR TRAINING BUT THIS PAYING 500 ODD POUND TO HAVE YOUR CARD RENEWED ITS GOT TO STOP.
THIS IS A CLASS THREAD POACHER AND HAS RE-ENLIGHTENED MY PASSION FOR THE FORUM.
YOU ARE WHAT THE FORUM IS ALL ABOUT CHEERS KEEP IT UP BUD:blink1:

YOUR SPOT ON THERE POACHER.
I CANT ARGUE ABOUT THE NEED FOR TRAINING BUT THIS PAYING 500 ODD POUND TO HAVE YOUR CARD RENEWED ITS GOT TO STOP.
THIS IS A CLASS THREAD POACHER AND HAS RE-ENLIGHTENED MY PASSION FOR THE FORUM.
YOU ARE WHAT THE FORUM IS ALL ABOUT CHEERS KEEP IT UP BUD:blink1:

Thanks for the plaudits DAFTSCAFF:D i have been using this forum for about 8 month & I can see the SCCR & scaffolders voice growing by networking " who the Fu*k would av thought scaffs would av networked in the 90's???????????? come the millennium we have voice...............

Anyways I am sure that the CISRS & NASC tosspots are guest viewers & are taking this forum seriously;) because the voice is getting louder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to Ragscaff & the SCCR...............................................................

onwards & upwards

point being if the majority of us CISRS registered Scaffs need to write and send emails to the CISRS fat-cats voicing our concerns about the quality of the training, and the fact that new course's ie SITS Advanced Inspection are being put together and run for the benefit of site agents / managers & not for Scaffolders. The CISRS cash cow is now growing faster than a malignant tumor, and needs addressed & challenged by the 45'000 CISRS members who are obviously viewed as the next depositors into the Construction Industry Scaffolders Robbery Scheme Piggy-bank.

are SF members aware that all Advanced card holders renewals are going to have to complete a two day assessment upon future card renewals???? more coin for the CISRS and wait for it....Refresher training for SITS renewal?? more coin for the CISRS. a licence to print money.....................................................

we must be the only trade / skill that cant maintain competency without splashing out the cash what happened to CPD continuous professional development.

CPD don't get taxed in other industries, does anyone know of steel erectors having to go on two day assessments for card renewals???????????????????????

Why would a scaffolding inspection course be put together for a scaffolder? There's no need for a trained scaffolder to sit a scaffold inspection course.

Secondly, there are no plans for the to introduce a 2 day refresher course to renew a CISRS advanced card. Can you qualify that statement?

Thirdly, what would be the hardship in doing a 2 day refresher course every 5 years anyway? If you worked on the tools for the next 30 years then you'd have to dedicate 10 whole days of your life to give you an overview on what has changed in your industry - Probably a fair bit over 30 years! Considering that a 10 day part 2 course is about £975.00, I doubt that a 2 day course would cost much more than £250.00....

Why would a scaffolding inspection course be put together for a scaffolder? There's no need for a trained scaffolder to sit a scaffold inspection course.

Secondly, there are no plans for the to introduce a 2 day refresher course to renew a CISRS advanced card. Can you qualify that statement?

Thirdly, what would be the hardship in doing a 2 day refresher course every 5 years anyway? If you worked on the tools for the next 30 years then you'd have to dedicate 10 whole days of your life to give you an overview on what has changed in your industry - Probably a fair bit over 30 years! Considering that a 10 day part 2 course is about £975.00, I doubt that a 2 day course would cost much more than £250.00....

Phil I think & know next time you have to renew your advanced card you will have to complete the two day refresher, thats the crack off CISRS instructor (fresh off the press)

Do know it's not FREE

Phil I think & know next time you have to renew your advanced card you will have to complete the two day refresher, thats the crack off CISRS instructor (fresh off the press)

Do know it's not FREE

Well that's fair enough - why would anyone offer a free course?

So when is this refresher course going to come into play?

Well that's fair enough - why would anyone offer a free course?

So when is this refresher course going to come into play?

on every card renewal ie the Advanced Card or CISRS SITS (advanced inspection)

Only every 5 years, Couple of hundred quid??????????????????????????????:mad:

on every card renewal ie the Advanced Card or CISRS SITS (advanced inspection)

Only every 5 years, Couple of hundred quid??????????????????????????????:mad:

A couple of hundred quid every 5 years is hardly gonna break the bank mate.

What I meant though was when exactly is this new scheme supposed to come into play? As from now, tomorrow, next month, next year?

A couple of hundred quid every 5 years is hardly gonna break the bank mate.

What I meant though was when exactly is this new scheme supposed to come into play?

No set date as such mate , but it is in the Post, it like a dodgey con dem policy mate there looking at a good time to introduce it, all dun and dusted whats the best time??????? Bin Ladens dead I personally would av introduced it this week;)

Why should a guy who erects scaffolds day in day out have to prove his worth to renew his cards.the whole point of courses is that you are competant,is the cisrs approved training not to be trusted.
I beleive that any industry related changes can and should be rolled out within the companys employing the scaffolders,or what is the point of nasc membership.
I have friends who are joiners and in the last 4 years all are using the nail gun,a very dangerous tool,suprise suprise no big hulla balloo about training and tickets they just get on with it.
I dont kn ow your background phil,but in my opinion the poacher is right the cisrs/nasc is a cash cowe which needs slaughtered

if your in a settled company then most people dont give a monkeys about the new courses that are comeing out cause the firm picks up the bill if your a scaffolder on hes own it can work out bloody dear ive just lost another job this evening due to not haveing a ticket that i needed 500 quid to renew it only did it last year at this rate they should bring back the greenshield stamps to save for the new course they event!!!

Top Bottom