SCCR to call ECITB meeting (1 Viewer)

R

ragscaff

The SCCR is to invite, NASC, CITB, UNITE the UNION, ECITB & the joint council to a mediation meeting in regards the ECITB scaffolders card.

The result of this meeting will determine whether to take legal action or not.

Meeting will be the 20th July Birmingham 10am venue to be arranged.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

Need any ECITB guys who have not filled in a questionnaire so far to contact us NOW. sccr@sky.com subject ECITB.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

Need any ECITB guys who have not filled in a questionnaire so far to contact us NOW. sccr@sky.com subject ECITB.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

i no a lot of you guys had this ticket in the 80s when sgb had most of the industrial contacts and a lot of lads still have this ticket and have used it untill the last year or so untill its been inpossible to use even though this ticket is still a valid ticket 50 year olde men doing a part1 trainee course ave a word!!!!!

This is quite simple ECITB had no training ---- neither did the CISRS assessed route of entry. if 1 goes so should the other.
You carnt have 1 rule for 1 and 1 for another.
skill assessment is the way forward. the theory can be added as training.

S.G.

good to have you back bumping your gums. scaffolding safety services dont be a stranger!!

This is quite simple ECITB had no training ---- neither did the CISRS assessed route of entry. if 1 goes so should the other.
You carnt have 1 rule for 1 and 1 for another.
skill assessment is the way forward. the theory can be added as training.

S.G.
what was the assessed route if no a skills assessment ? bit lost on that one mucker

Yes assessed route was a skills test. That is what the ECITB guys should have.

We are told that the ECITB guys need to start from trainee as they have not had training.

Assessed route had no training!!

Stewart

what was the assessed route if no a skills assessment ? bit lost on that one mucker

you ok toni hows things think your find that quote from above was written in support of the ecitb not a dig at people or persons that have done the assessed route. calm down calm down:laugh: bloody hell youve worked with most of us if they had sent the assessed route of entry out to everybody with ecitb and notified them propaly we wouldnt be were we are now when you pop down on a certain firm next you can see the lads most got part 1s now :laugh:

you ok toni hows things think your find that quote from above was written in support of the ecitb not a dig at people or persons that have done the assessed route. calm down calm down:laugh: bloody hell youve worked with most of us if they had sent the assessed route of entry out to everybody with ecitb and notified them propaly we wouldnt be were we are now when you pop down on a certain firm next you can see the lads most got part 1s now :laugh:

your right kev i like to think i have been around, body feels like i have so lets tell the truth, take us all in the yard before we start and then there is no hiding place, anybody can get carried and i do think there would be a lot more jobs for genuine scaff if we where tested, welders have to test out before a start, so why not us we have nothing to hide no matter what ticket you hold.
p.s how is my spelling got one eye closed its cider season love you all

T.C.30 years a working scaff,I think you'v done your training .whats anyone gonna teach you now for fcks sake

e c i t b card holders

hi been a scaffolder fo over 18 years worked on refinarys chemical and construction sites was only ever been ecitb never struggled to get work good standard of work but now have to start from scratch with young trainees who have done some labouring and have gone to school for two weeks then six months later does part 2 and hey presto a basic scaffolder who has a very limited understanding of general scaffolding not there fault thats how the industry has set out the training scheem but to tell all ecitb card holder that they have no proof of competence or training is an insult to scaffolders
and the unions should take the lead to resolve this
i know some will say we should pay for our own training but then that should be the same for all not just a chosen group all companys should take some responsability for the scaffolding industry or they will just bring in scaffolders from abroad

as frenchy said spot on why paye for trainning when your ticket has been valid for 2 decades even the slimey agencys wont touch this ticket now which makes them as bad as the parties involved with the removal of this ticket nothing to do with the leters that were sent out to managers was it i have pm you fishingthumper.

im afraid to say the unions have fudged this issue and have been in cahoots over the detailed plan to scrap the EICTB accreditation with the other industry bodies,it looks like the SCCR stands alone with the current EICTB card holders on the issue.im quite sure if litagation is taken on the said issue a fair and satifactory outcome will prevail on this matter.

UPDATE

We have invited the NASC, CITB, UNITE the UNION, ECITB & the joint council.

To date no one has responded other than Unite the Union who have told us the guy who was dealing with this retired in February, no wonder we have never had any other responses from them. His predecessor is supposed to be dealing with this case now.

The meeting is to be on the 20th July in Birmingham.

We have invited the trade press as well.

The SCCR will be represented by the ECITB sub committee, Chairman Dico, along with the SCCR Chairman & the SCCR legal team.

Over the last year we have tried to resolve this matter but each organisation blames the other. There have been two meeting that we know of but have not been provided with any minutes or information as to what was discussed.

The only issue we are aware of that comes up time after time is that the ECITB scaffolder has had no formal training.

This is of great concern because their is also 10,000 scaffolders who undertook the assessed route of entry. This was a skills test only. So when will all those scaffolders loose their CISRS cards?

The SCCR has not asked for these scaffolders to be given CISRS cards for nothing, they should undertake a skills test to prove they have the knowledge & skill to hold a CISRS card at the appropriate level.

Why should a scaffolder who has been earning a good wage as a carded worker now have to have his money reduced & sit in a classroom full of trainees who have not worked for 20 years paying taxes. Its criminal!

At present we have several guys who have come forward with information on the effect this has had on them in their working careers & the financial burden it has put them in. You are talking lost jobs & bankruptcy.

Please contact us at the SCCR if you wish to add to this campaign.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman
sccr@sky.com

UPDATE

We have invited the NASC, CITB, UNITE the UNION, ECITB & the joint council.

To date no one has responded other than Unite the Union who have told us the guy who was dealing with this retired in February, no wonder we have never had any other responses from them. His predecessor is supposed to be dealing with this case now.

The meeting is to be on the 20th July in Birmingham.

We have invited the trade press as well.

The SCCR will be represented by the ECITB sub committee, Chairman Dico, along with the SCCR Chairman & the SCCR legal team.

Over the last year we have tried to resolve this matter but each organisation blames the other. There have been two meeting that we know of but have not been provided with any minutes or information as to what was discussed.

The only issue we are aware of that comes up time after time is that the ECITB scaffolder has had no formal training.

This is of great concern because their is also 10,000 scaffolders who undertook the assessed route of entry. This was a skills test only. So when will all those scaffolders loose their CISRS cards?

The SCCR has not asked for these scaffolders to be given CISRS cards for nothing, they should undertake a skills test to prove they have the knowledge & skill to hold a CISRS card at the appropriate level.

Why should a scaffolder who has been earning a good wage as a carded worker now have to have his money reduced & sit in a classroom full of trainees who have not worked for 20 years paying taxes. Its criminal!

At present we have several guys who have come forward with information on the effect this has had on them in their working careers & the financial burden it has put them in. You are talking lost jobs & bankruptcy.

Please contact us at the SCCR if you wish to add to this campaign.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman
sccr@sky.com

Considering that the ECITB scaffolders card is still 'valid' up until the end of this year, how many contractors still accept anything other than a CISRS card on their sites?

Just a question - don't bite my head off.

Don't bite my head off either but if the ECITB card scaffolders get a deal do all the ones who attended training get a refund

cape and who you know 2011 exspire date yeah right!!! but your right with the cisrs phill

Top Bottom