Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: SCCR to call ECITB meeting

Thanks

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason-Gibbs View Post
    They should have never and i mean NEVER given the Scaffolding cards out like they did, when they were first introduced.

How is it fair that my training cost me 10 years graft and several thousand pounds in having to pay for the courses and lost income, whilst doing them?

By all accounts, you received a form in the post asking you, are you an Advanced Scaffolder or Basic Scaffolder, then you send a photo and a cheque in the post.
    Viola - A week later you get a shiny new card???

Fukking b0llocks, if you ask me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,204 Posts

ive worked with cisrs part 2 scaffolders this year youve errected the scaffold and your boarding out you ask for a 13 foot they reply what tube they reply!! no you can see iam boarding out as for returns dont fooking go there on a square build ive seen 4 independents with the top lift joined to all four corners to the best of there ability on the top lifts fooking mess not blamming the lads thats what they can remember from the short 10 day course and if there working for a shi!t firm thats put them through there course on goverment trainning what do you exspect the systems walped unless youve been taught properly by a firm that cares and interested in there employees future rather than get the ticket from free trainning coz its there waste of tax payers money unless you wana learn trade!!!!
    harp stays sharpe to the bottom of the glass!! if you can remember that your old too

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dico For This Useful Post:

celticbhoy (29th August 2011), frederik (23rd April 2012)

Thanks

Experienced lads teach the trade, courses give the lads the theory knowledge.

if a gangs good the experienced ones teach the young uns and the young uns pass on the up dated theory!

just depends how old skool you are as to whether you want to learn the new stuff or not!

Like most scaffs say ive been doing it like that for 20 years and its not fallen down! yep agree 100%, but times change and things move on!

its a case of either laugh and call the thick fookers who cant remember which way the bond goes to be right or show them the error of their ways!

Thanks

Hi,

Have just joined forum and see your post about ECITB guys who have not filled out questionnaire – I am one and not filled out.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks

sent you a private message yesterday galh
    harp stays sharpe to the bottom of the glass!! if you can remember that your old too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dico For This Useful Post:

frederik (1st September 2011)

Thanks

same here worked with some good lads,but have to say took over 1 site site and can say my son of 15 could have done a better job,all new build and the bays were 9ft bays and this was on 3 plots,was asked by supervisor that night how much was errected 0 ft was answer.asked him who put it up would not say,asked him how long they been doing it ,3 years he said.were they on price no he said.after seeing this i thought what am i doing back in this game and started looking for another job.

GOT NEW JOB NOT IN SCAFFOLDING BUT STILL LOVE IT

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

You on about ecitb cards.

I never paid a penny for my card just 25 years hard work.

And paid for 3 lads to get there citb cards all still in the game

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Well you give it a go good luck with the fight keep trying
    love the job but not for me as a trainee.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Howlsey For This Useful Post:

dico (3rd September 2011)

ragscaff Guest

Round two to start soon.

Not given up just getting ready!!

Stewart

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ragscaff For This Useful Post:

celticbhoy (5th September 2011), dico (5th September 2011), SWIFTY (4th September 2011)

ragscaff Guest

Had a note a while back from one of our members.

Apparently he contacted CISRS about the ECITB issue & was told nothing to do with NASC.

How can we take a ticket away that we did not issue.

One way of looking at it I suppose.

Like burying your head in the sand!!

Stewart

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ragscaff For This Useful Post:

dico (12th November 2011)

Thanks

most scaffolders have given up ragscaff and done the course at great exspence to them selfs and there firms well thats there look out.but behind the forum scene ive been quite busy with the ecitb issue and think a few people gana have egg on the face once ive got the facts and my solisitor has looked into this mess and i have the legal side confirmed i will put the details on the forum someone has messed up big time wether its cisrs or ecitb but who nos thats what a solisitor payed to do

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dico For This Useful Post:

frederik (12th November 2011)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6