SCCR to call ECITB meeting (1 Viewer)

Today I had one reply.

NJC will not attend the meeting.

"The reason given is that the SCCR is not party to the NJC & there remit is to its membership & its stakeholders."

As some have said no real surprise!!

Stewart

I have a reply from CITB-ConstructionSkills.

Mr Braden Connolly Head of Testing & Card Services will attend the birmingham meeting.

Stewart

Round one lost!!

It has taken me over a year to try & get some answers to this situation.

I know a lot of people have told me I am wasting my time.

NASC controls all what we do, they own CISRS & both are run for profit. This we all know.

The meeting on the 20th was to try & get some clarity on what has & is happening. Experienced scaffolders whether they be ECITB or not should not be treated in this way.

Any Industry cannot afford to let experienced guys go, so why do we?

At this moment I am not proud to be a scaffolder, I have never seen so many sit back & say I'm all right jack.

This Industry is going down hill & we are happy to sit & watch.

July 20th Meeting

NJC first to pull out, not interested in the situation yet they voted on the issue of the ECITB ticket being withdrawn.

ECITB second to pull out, have not got time to attend!!! Got a table showing how many guys have been affected, will load onto SCCR web site.

Unite the Union were keen then pulled out two days ago. Not worth perusing for their members!!

CITB pulled out today due to the above, but I am meeting with them to consolidate the situation.

CISRS have lost the will to write, e-mail or phone, but happy to take the money in a non profit way!!

NASC they run the show, they are the governing body of the Industry, they can do what they want & charge what they want happy days!!

Needless to say the meeting on the 20th has now been cancelled.

The attempt at mediation has failed the only option now is legal action.

I am sorry to all those guys that were man enough to come forward to us in regards their ECITB ticket. Bit disappointed at those who did not man up!!

I am fully aware that I have left myself open to criticism, bring it on!

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

no criticism stewart thankyou mate for all your help leagal action next weve had enough pussy footing around with these people

Spineless ******** the lot of them, have shown there true colours, all of them have been in touch with each other, and have withdrawn at the same time. they dont want the SCCR to gain any ground and to get a solid footing in our industry. As for the rest of you scaffolders you havent joined to help, so your no better, lets have a voice for our industry, stand up and be counted. just think when u have paid for 2 pints, that would pay for 1 year subscription for the SCCR, who are fighting for your trade.

in a perverse sort of way im glad this issue is now going to be sorted out in the courts as then all who colluded in this shameful debacle will now be uncovered,not only that but a proper outcome for the eictb lads too,bring it on best of luck lads.

Spineless ******** the lot of them, have shown there true colours, all of them have been in touch with each other, and have withdrawn at the same time. they dont want the SCCR to gain any ground and to get a solid footing in our industry. As for the rest of you scaffolders you havent joined to help, so your no better, lets have a voice for our industry, stand up and be counted. just think when u have paid for 2 pints, that would pay for 1 year subscription for the SCCR, who are fighting for your trade.

That just about sums it up Animal

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

£10.00 which is around three pints, that is all it costs to be an individual member of the SCCR for one year.
If you want a voice sign up, if you don't give a **** about your fellow scaffolder and the way our industry is heading and if you're happy to sit back and say I'm all right Jack then don't bother joining, but don't whinge about it later when it's too late.

Enjoy your beer.

Last edited:
C.i.t.b

what was the assessed route if no a skills assessment ? bit lost on that one mucker

when the C.I.T.B. cards were first compusory they were handing them out wiily nilly to anyone before that the union contolled the registration were you needed proof that you had served your time and had to be proposed and seconded to receive an A card that is after serving your time with a B card (C.E.U. card) then came along th ECITB Ive seen 18year olds with advanace CITB cards in my time no matter what stem they use it will be abused

They should have never and i mean NEVER given the Scaffolding cards out like they did, when they were first introduced.

How is it fair that my training cost me 10 years graft and several thousand pounds in having to pay for the courses and lost income, whilst doing them?

By all accounts, you received a form in the post asking you, are you an Advanced Scaffolder or Basic Scaffolder, then you send a photo and a cheque in the post.
Viola - A week later you get a shiny new card???

Fukking b0llocks, if you ask me. :mad:

They should have never and i mean NEVER given the Scaffolding cards out like they did, when they were first introduced.

How is it fair that my training cost me 10 years graft and several thousand pounds in having to pay for the courses and lost income, whilst doing them?

By all accounts, you received a form in the post asking you, are you an Advanced Scaffolder or Basic Scaffolder, then you send a photo and a cheque in the post.

ought jason your 30 mate iam 46 money dosent come into the argument i would paye 4,000 pound tomorow to get my fooking career back on track i have to look at the little swagger jaggers comeing into the game with cisrs cards that no fook all please dont give the ecitb a bad mouth when you no fook all this goes deeper and only if youve been in the game 25 years you would no sorry iam bitter but this is how it is:mad:

=========

ive worked with cisrs part 2 scaffolders this year youve errected the scaffold and your boarding out you ask for a 13 foot they reply what tube they reply!! no you can see iam boarding out as for returns dont fooking go there on a square build ive seen 4 independents with the top lift joined to all four corners to the best of there ability on the top lifts fooking mess not blamming the lads thats what they can remember from the short 10 day course and if there working for a shi!t firm thats put them through there course on goverment trainning what do you exspect the systems walped unless youve been taught properly by a firm that cares and interested in there employees future rather than get the ticket from free trainning coz its there waste of tax payers money unless you wana learn trade!!!!

Experienced lads teach the trade, courses give the lads the theory knowledge.

if a gangs good the experienced ones teach the young uns and the young uns pass on the up dated theory!

just depends how old skool you are as to whether you want to learn the new stuff or not!

Like most scaffs say ive been doing it like that for 20 years and its not fallen down! yep agree 100%, but times change and things move on!

its a case of either laugh and call the thick fookers who cant remember which way the bond goes to be right or show them the error of their ways!

Hi,

Have just joined forum and see your post about ECITB guys who have not filled out questionnaire – I am one and not filled out.

Regards,

Gary

sent you a private message yesterday galh

same here worked with some good lads,but have to say took over 1 site site and can say my son of 15 could have done a better job,all new build and the bays were 9ft bays and this was on 3 plots,was asked by supervisor that night how much was errected 0 ft was answer.asked him who put it up would not say,asked him how long they been doing it ,3 years he said.were they on price no he said.after seeing this i thought what am i doing back in this game and started looking for another job.

GOT NEW JOB NOT IN SCAFFOLDING BUT STILL LOVE IT

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

You on about ecitb cards.

I never paid a penny for my card just 25 years hard work.

And paid for 3 lads to get there citb cards all still in the game

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Well you give it a go good luck with the fight keep trying
love the job but not for me as a trainee.

Round two to start soon.

Not given up just getting ready!!

Stewart

Had a note a while back from one of our members.

Apparently he contacted CISRS about the ECITB issue & was told nothing to do with NASC.

How can we take a ticket away that we did not issue.

One way of looking at it I suppose.

Like burying your head in the sand!!

Stewart

most scaffolders have given up ragscaff and done the course at great exspence to them selfs and there firms well thats there look out.but behind the forum scene ive been quite busy with the ecitb issue and think a few people gana have egg on the face once ive got the facts and my solisitor has looked into this mess and i have the legal side confirmed i will put the details on the forum someone has messed up big time wether its cisrs or ecitb but who nos thats what a solisitor payed to do

Top Bottom