Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board (1 Viewer)

No, not the omega boards anyway but the 13 foot plastic work.

Hi Alastair

Have you used your Safelinx with the plastic boards? if memory serves they are 45mm thick and would be a struggle for the 38mm Safelinx but it'd good to know if you have.
I can potentially tweak the tool but haven't had sufficient requests to do it.

Nick

nice job, good solution, do you know of or have used anything to retain boards( Ally) + fill gaps around pipework to incorporate some load factor also?

Hi Alastair

Have you used your Safelinx with the plastic boards? if memory serves they are 45mm thick and would be a struggle for the 38mm Safelinx but it'd good to know if you have.
I can potentially tweak the tool but haven't had sufficient requests to do it.

Nick

They go on with a bit of a squeeze nick. We do some labour only work for a client who has the plastic boards but nothing at all to retain them. I fitted a few to his job that was standing over the holiday period and nothing moved. They really could do with maybe another few mm of room but they still work in an emergency.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

nice job, good solution, do you know of or have used anything to retain boards( Ally) + fill gaps around pipework to incorporate some load factor also?

To be honest, no. The only thing that I have ever seen is scaffgap which as you will already know is just for the gap between the job and the internal board. I'm afraid it's still the saw and nails for us.

There was another product called Gap Clamp I saw on Scaffmag but ScaffGap do a load bearing version too. The Gap Clamp didn't look that cuttable to be honest. ScaffGap would be the way to go. Board retention definitely Safelinx though!

Latest feedback

The jobs we have Safelinx on at the moment are on secure areas so we can’t take any photos but the feedback from all that have used it has been very positive and we have also adapted it to suit our requirements on other parts of our works I find it a genuinely good product that has more than one use and would recommend it to anyone.

Best wishes

Paul Healey
Yard Manager
Tone Scaffolding

Got to be honest Nick, as you already know I am a fan of your product but "more than one use", the mind boggles. :confused:

Toe boards

Ha ha, they've been usin the offcuts to side onto the toe boards to keep them tidy and deter lapping. They've also used them on system like you to keep things secure.

Oh right, never thought of that. Good on em.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Although, whipping the yard boy would be my preference.;)

Great Feedback

Feedback from Malvern scaffolding today, 5 board Safelinx used on birdcage to great effect. Scaffs & contractor's Safety guy loving it.

Attachments

• Malvern Birdcage 2.jpg
    Malvern Birdcage 2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 32
Great piece of kit nick. This job was inside at plough lane for protection whilst they removed the glass roof. 10/10.

Exciting news in the next few days, Safelinx - Beware of Imitations.

SF Admin - will be in touch.

Last edited:
Safelinx

Pedestrian walkway with the Safelinx touch courtesy of All Access London.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom