Nasc (1 Viewer)

Just to be clear Garry The NASC is the National Access & Scaffolding Confederation not the National Association of Scaffolding Contractors.

Allan

yes, point taken, however, I was referring to the original name which was the Scaffolding Association of Scaffolding Contractors...

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Amendment :(---in my hast I omitted National :eek:

National Association of Scaffolding Contractors...

Whats in a name

They are still an EMPLOYERS trade association

Who have over the years worked themselves into a position of controling training and methods of work employed

Rigger

Quite correct---whats in a name.

A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet PMSL:nuts:

Garry...

fully agree with you,the changes forced upon us by the NASC are simply to to make them money nothing else(pure greed) ,and to put there own company's on a pedestal so they can charge what they like for the job. Cartel springs to mind

Would I seem to be cynical if I suggested that the NASC couldn't survive financially from just members subs and selling their overpriced guides?

Would I be out of order if I suggested that they like to keep changing and revising guidelines and procedures so people will have to buy the newer and revised versions?

Ker-ching ££££££££££££

could i just add my cynisim by saying wouldnt it be another cash cow if the products being indorsed and recommended for use - such as gates trap,agm,steps etc, were produced by companies with direct allegance to certain directors/holding companies of the governing board
because my maths just doesn't work the numbers when as stated about membership numbers and fees for purchasing of tg &sg books against the cost ofproducing them.
it kind of reminds me of manchester united keep changing its kit, so everyone has to buy from them to look the part - only difference is hse doesnt make them then wear it :cry:

Top Bottom