Do not try to buy very dodgey (1 Viewer)

dingle

Reaction score
There was a poster on here last week, Proclaiming to be selling up due to no profit in job.
Said he was based in Dundee area of Scotland and had a list of kit ~ 500 x 21/ 300 x 16 /10/8/5ft/ 30 x 1000 fittings said all boards were sold.

Well we paid a deposit for the kit which was due to be delivered Friday gone and no show, were in contact up to 4pm Friday with bloke then nothing, Have email address bank details tel numbers and a address but they could be bogus as well.

Dont buy untill you see i suppose.......

Dingle,
Get to that address sharpish, it may be genuine but if its not, he may have collected a lot of deposits.

Yes I would be able to if the Police got in contact

Chances are unless he was a real experienced fraudster, he would have been sat at his real home when posting on the forum, he could have a dodgy address, dodgy phone etc etc but probably,s not definately was using his pc at home. :noworry:

Surely he would have checked out the seller before paying a deposit. The seller posted as Stes-Scaffolding. gave his location, not that hard to check on. As well as the tube and fittings, he was selling 1000 x 13ft boards, 700 x 10ft, 500 x 8ft, He could have got a bigger deposit by not saying the boards were sold. So I think its probably genuine, maybe just transport difficulties.

Not trying to be smart but why would you send a deposit without seeing it first , surely you go and look at it then buy it if it was what you wanted.

If its genuine could depend on when the deposit was received, The guy might have problems arranging transport, talking about 80 ton of gear. If the gear arrives which I hope it does, hope he's as fast coming back on to tell the forum.

Im From Dundee Mate, Whats The Address Ill Tell You If Its Genuine.

Dingle has'nt posted back on the forum, maybe he's got his gear.

Dont know Swifty, the seller said he would deliver, you would think someone would have gone and looked at the gear first, seems strange to me.

Brandy why dont you keep your stupid comments to your self, i came on here to worn people for there benefit not mine. The kit still hasnt turned so contary to your knobbish statements it is a rip off. NOT still being held up....... and as i said at the end of the original post dont buy till you see.........We are all verty clever in hindsite arnt we .......pillock.........

Dingle.
First off, My sympathies that you were ripped off, would'nt wish it on anyone, but your anger is misdirected, save it for the guy that ripped you off. As for being a pillock, well I think under the circumstances you might consider that title for yourself. But I do hope you manage to get your money back.

We are all verty clever in hindsite arnt we .......pillock.........

Well you're not are you?

If you are slack enough to hand money over for invisible gear that you haven't seen then you deserve everything you get.

You may think i'm been harsh but you hear of this sort of thing happening every day. Why you would trust somebody that you have never met just because they give you a sob story amazes me.

:wacko:

Dingle,Im Quite Sure Tayside Police Would Like To Hear About This Mate, Give Them A Call On 01382 223200.

I'm amazed how easy it is to rip off a national company like Generation.
Dingle thanks for the warning.

Top Bottom