Scaffold boss that went mad now wants to run for council (LOL) (1 Viewer)

andyf8686

Reaction score
Boss to stand in local election

DEFIANT John Robertson has already chosen his next career – and he’s hoping to make it big in local politics.

The Chronicle can reveal today that Mr Robertson has thrown his hat into the ring for next month’s local elections.

The dad-of-four is standing in the Primrose ward in Jarrow as an Independent candidate.

And he’s being backed for the role by Labour MP for Jarrow, Stephen Hepburn, who has supplied a reference to South Tyneside Council.

Mr Robertson said: "I have lots of friends who are already councillors and I’ve always been greatly interested in local politics.

"I think I could do a great job because I would work for the residents. I don’t think councillors in Primrose do enough for the community.

"I’m also a Jarrow lad and know the area and the people as good as anyone."

Mr Hepburn’s reference to the authority said: "I can confirm that I have personally known John Robertson for many years.

"Over the period of time we have been acquainted, I have always known him to be an honest, extremely hard-working and reliable individual.

"He is dedicated to his business and his employees and supports various activities in the local area. I have no problem giving John a positive reference."

:laugh:

Top Bottom