north yorks council permits

goodfella

Reaction score
been in touch with council today ,they are demanding scaffolding companies wanting permits need to be N.A.S.C. members. What about small companies like mine 3 employees ,smaller jobs etc sems like small buisness are not getting a fairer crack of the whip, anyone here in the same boat? what does it involve joining not that i want to

Seems like someone's been on a junket and well looked after.There was a thread about this a while back where NASC were sending out frighteners to councils, It's all about grabbing the work for their own members, whereas a few year back the bigger firms would'nt look at the small street jobs. As for joining the Nasac, from what I read on here, its a closed shop if you've got a member in your area, competition is not welcomed.

Goodfella they cant demand that only NASC members apply for permits, get back on phone and tell the jumped up pricks it is illegal what they are saying about must be NASC to apply for permits and if they dont sort you a permit like yesterday, you gonna screw the life out of them in court till they scream like a bitch then screw them some more.

Its monopolising and creating an unfair playing field among local businesses and as a council is a public body they are expected to help the local economy.

Just talking about this makes me wanna drive down there and headbutt the prick till he bleeds from his eyelashes

Goodfella they cant demand that only NASC members apply for permits, get back on phone and tell the jumped up pricks it is illegal what they are saying about must be NASC to apply for permits and if they dont sort you a permit like yesterday, you gonna screw the life out of them in court till they scream like a bitch then screw them some more.

Its monopolising and creating an unfair playing field among local businesses and as a council is a public body they are expected to help the local economy.

Just talking about this makes me wanna drive down there and headbutt the prick till he bleeds from his eyelashes

i like your stile superscaff75 lol

unfortunately its like this in every walk of life, knobs who have sat behind a desk all their working life telling us how to do something the correct way .Just cant tollerate talking to these clowns been having a word with a mate of mine she works for leeds council not in highways but knows a lot about the law ,she thinks they have exceeded their powers its called 'ultra virus' meaning they have exceeded the powers given to them by parliament unless a law has been passed to state they can do this ,but their is one saying they must do what they see fit to care for the social welfare and safety ofthe general public these laws are a bit vauge so they might hide under this one. If not it can go to a judicial revue see if they are abusing their powers ,she has also e mailed our m.p.and explained the situation on my behalf she rekons he will get into their ribs as its his constitutional duty to follow out all enquiries, wont hold my breath on that one

It seems like a good time to join the SCCR goodfella

Goodfella,

What the chaps are telling you is true, it is illegal for a statutory body to force any scaffolding company to be part of another profit making company in order to attain their work. We had this problem with one part of a local authority a little while back. They were insisting that any company working on any of their sites were members of the NASC and it was forcing our customers to give the work to companies from as far away as 50 miles. When I posted this fact on the forum I got told by another member that a company from the south coast had taken their local council yo court for this very reason (And won) on the grounds of restrictive trading. When we brought this fact to their attention,less than one week later their whole policy was changed. Nice.

I have no problems with getting permits from North Yorkshire Authority, but each main City/towns have there own application forms ie Middlesbrough, Scarborough and so on. but I must admit it confused me when when there changed where you get them from as most local authority's, the highway department give them out. You get them from building control now not from the highways department. You can apply online or down load the application form, fill it in and fax it back.

I wouldnt mind joining the NASC, but has anyone seen the criteria for getting approved and the cost !! It takes the piss out of the small businessman !!

Plat

council u turn

joy of joys rang council again and told them their insistence on n.a.s.c. membership was illegal and i had consulted some one with legal knowledge of council law after a lot of humming an arhing and talking with someone for ten or so minutes (presumably the bod who came up with this bull who doesnt take enquiries by the way )they came back and said you dont have to be in N>A>S>C but would be nice if we were what a load of crap after telling me last week they were insisting all registered companies had to be members up the revolution

boll**ks forgot to mention it but when you go give us a shout ill come with you ,nice one cheers fella

Top Bottom