Gkn mills

wazza

Reaction score
hi lads might have some good news for any one who worked for GKN mills you may be entitled to money that was taken from your wages every week you worked for them

I only worked for them for about a year, but my mate was there for a fair time in the 70s. Could be interesting

I thought it was compulsory that scaffolding firms 'took'money from your wages every week :notrust:

hi lads might have some good news for any one who worked for GKN mills you may be entitled to money that was taken from your wages every week you worked for them

Waiting for the info wazza mate!!!

I used to remember having a 2.5% 'CITB levy' taken from my wages every week by a couple of firms in the early nineties.

Anyone else remember this practice?

tell us more as i worked for them for eleven years

Yea Phil
a couple of firms tried to take the levy from me in the 80s,90s

The CITB levied the big contractors with a turnover of over a £100,000 or so

some tried to pass this on to thier "labour only"employees in a form of a deduction.My labour only earnings were well under the £100,000 limit and I was not connected in any way and recieved no benefit from the citb

It was just another accountants scam to take money from the lads on the tools when I accused them of making illegal deductions from my earnings they soon backed off and repaid monies already deducted

Top Bottom