BSafe Advanced Guardrail

grenrose

Reaction score
I had the rep from BSafe come to our yard a give us a demo on their system and i've got to say it's first class.

I made sure i had one of charge hands there to see what he thought, but to be honest you can't really fail to be impressed.

It doesn't put hardly any time on the erection as you have got to get the materials up anyway, and once pushed into position it sets a mark for your top guardrail.

Only drawback is the price but if your on a price and you have got to use the STEP it will save you a fortune in the long run, and if you are on day-work it's has got to be in the companies best interest as it will save so much time.

I brought my first set and i'll let you know how it goes but really can't see any problems.

i've had a bash with it and it is quick when you get used to it!

What's it like around pipe ?
Like most of these systems there good on strait runs ie house , flats ect
What about power stations and refineries ?

B-Safe

Ive seen the B-Safe system demonstrated, beats the steps anyday, and what a great name, best i've seen to date.

Ken Cain

Looks good.

How does it works with system scaffolding?

Looks really good system but looks like it would only work on clean tubes. no good if covered in cement or render

B-Safe

It won't pass spigots or Sleeve couplers, although it passes over built in spigots but we dont all have them. anyway I still think it beats the steps for safety anyday.

Ken Cain

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

You may or may not of read about BS 5973 and BS EN 12811-1 2003, well i have had a reply from the HSE regarding the statement that was supposed to have been made by Philip White of the HSE as follows:

Philip White's stated stated that BS 5973 is not to be used after Dec 2010 and as from Jan 2011 BS EN 12811 is to be used I contacted the info line for more information.

I queried this with the HSE and this is the reply I received:

Dear Mr Cain,
I write in response to your recent enquiry. The statements to which you refer, were posted on the web community pages of the HSE website and so originated outside of HSE. Our position is that all scaffolding must be erected by a competent person, and prior to use a signed inspection certificate must be issued confirming that the equipment has been erected in accordance with construction legislation and is safe to use. British Standards on scaffold use (BS EN 12811-1: 2003) which should be adhered to at all times.

HSE will enforce this where appropriate.

Regards
Nick Johnson LLb (Hons)
Health & Safety Executive
Work Environment Radiation and Gas Division
Desk 49, 5S.1 Redgrave Court,
Merton Road,
Bootle,
Merseyside
L20 7HS

You could'nt make it up.

BS EN 12811-1 2003 is not the law, it's not an Act of Parliment, It's not a criminal offence if you fail to work in accordance with it. The HSE can only enforce an Act of Parliment.

It seems we can't get a straight answer anymore these days.

There are so many grey area's and unanswered questions in the scaffolding industry today. It seems we can get men to the moon safely but we can't decide on the safest way to erect a scaffold.

Ken Cain

boomer101

That was exactly what i said when they came and gave me a demo, so i found a tube with loads of muck on, and it just cleaned it off!

On the top of the coupler there is teeth that clean off the muck as it's pushed up and if there is really stubborn render the wand that you use to push up the guardrail can be used to clean off the tube. (works really well for cleaning tube).

Anyway my gang was using it yesterday and their sold on the idea which is always the main problem when you introduce any new idea, you have got to get the user to take on the idea.

Also may i add that they are on price work and are more than happy to continue using it.

Ken did mention that it won't go round any joints which it wont, but it only takes one second to attach the coupler and one second to remove it!
So moving it to the next standard is really no effort.

I would advise anyone to have a demo, but be warned you will buy it!

Not cheap £986!!! but if you compare it with the other systems on the market per foot it's much cheaper.

In the kit there's enough to erect 100'

I was just talking to a friend of mine who is on price in Milton Keynes and he is going to buy it for himself!
He has to use the step and using that method it took an extra 2 hours, 3 square in 2 hours £66, so it will pay for itself in 4 months and you are compliant.

I'm so glad i'm not on the tools anymore!

Last edited:
Came across 2 other AVG systems on Google, dont know the costs but might be worth checking out.

(1) Jupiter Advanced Guardrail Systems. (JAGS)

(2) Preguard, by Combisafe. Suitable for both T&F and System.

I have seen the video of the Bsafe system and it looks impressive, but its always worth checking out other options before you invest in something.

boomer101

That was exactly what i said when they came and gave me a demo, so i found a tube with loads of muck on, and it just cleaned it off!

On the top of the coupler there is teeth that clean off the muck as it's pushed up and if there is really stubborn render the wand that you use to push up the guardrail can be used to clean off the tube. (works really well for cleaning tube).

Anyway my gang was using it yesterday and their sold on the idea which is always the main problem when you introduce any new idea, you have got to get the user to take on the idea.

Also may i add that they are on price work and are more than happy to continue using it.

Ken did mention that it won't go round any joints which it wont, but it only takes one second to attach the coupler and one second to remove it!
So moving it to the next standard is really no effort.

I would advise anyone to have a demo, but be warned you will buy it!

Have you got any contact info ?

I've checked out all the other AVG systems and quite honestly none of them come close to this for use and price per meter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have seen the product in use but have yet to buy it as to dear our guys will loose it !!

Been using this since Feb.Totally agree its brilliant and quick. Use the marks on your stick to centre of double and its at perfect height :-/ Just a quick warning be careful when dropping.a long one for first time;-) pretty heavy on the old shoulder

Top Bottom