Name the best scaffolding firms to work for

Looks like this thread aint gonna take off ha

sgb industrial sector late 80s 90s as for present any firm that payes a decent or normal wage would ave to go with cape if you get on the right job. thats money not loyalties!!!

They are all the same mate, just get yourself on the cards if you can

Disagree there bjc some firms are horrible cu nts to work for , if your moneys right at the end of the week thats what really matters

im not out working to befriend the gaffers its all about the money and doing something i genuinely like doing there are plenty of good good firms out there.

Then I've been lucky,in 22 years I'm working for just my 3rd firm touch wood I've not come across these horrible cu nts as yet, I was referring more to, there is no money on the job quote's and the good men in management carrying the lazy twits that are normally related to the boss,

3 jobs in 22 years you are a lucky man i been on 3 firms in a week before and more then once which is why i treat the lads fair

thats always been a faucet of the construction trade mate nepotism and help the mates,to be fair id be inclined to look out for my own also to a certain degree but not over a tradesman i can relate to what you mean though.

Each to their own really I think. I know guys who have been screwed for money with the crowd I'm with but my money was always spot on, well right up till this feckin recession kicked in then everyone went back to 39hrs.

Sometimes folk slate a company who don't pay out when in fact their work hasn't been completed or of a decent standard. On the flip side though, I myself had to be physically removed from a contracts manager's office after he admitted blatantly robbing our squad of over £150/man and refused to pay out. Nothing to do with work done, just thought he was being a smart arse. Didn't work out that way though :blink1:

I've been with my firm for the last 20yrs,only the two of us out on the tools now..I get paid if it rains & we dont work,if there's no work to do & I come in, still get my wedge. I know there arent many firms like this around so I guess I'm one lucky cnut....

Well me and my work mate set our own firm up 20 years ago. We always treat any one who works for us how we would expect to be treated our selves. We are only small, with one sub contractor. He has it pretty easy most of the time.

Dixons the birds in the office are well fit like!

When I worked for UBM,one of the lads was shagging the bird that did the wages...His wages for years were always were always double what they should have been..she eventualy got caught,he denied he knew anything about it..She got charged with fraud & so did he...(she was fit as too)

Top Bottom