are bigben levels worth there money? (1 Viewer)

Whitey I'd say all the gear we buy is not worth the money they charge, all overpriced.

i dropped mine from 2 or 3 lifts and it was unuseable after, stabilla aren't as strong as they used to be i dont think, but at least they're only £25 or there abouts.

I'v had 2 big ben levels and both have broke, first one i dropped off the 1st lift and it snapped in half and the 2nd the bubble dropped out after about 3 months

must be a fault because i had a bubble fall out one as well and the other one wrapped some how , it is a shame because i thought they where easier to read and the idea of having the whole bubble as a magnet seemed like a good idea

£49.50 on Leaches.. stabila the strongest magnet one is £29.50... gotta be the stabila, how can they charge £20 more ????

The way the industry is going,wont be long before laser levels will have to be carried

You mean you don't use one already :eek:

£49.50 on Leaches.. stabila the strongest magnet one is £29.50... gotta be the stabila, how can they charge £20 more ????

its the novelty i suppose. they do have a domed bubble though, so it levels alot quicker, allegedley!!! stick to stabila mate, you can always paint it if you want it in a pretty colour :)

they are abit more money but well worth it in my opinion, all the big ben tools are quality.

we've been using lazerlines for ages lol

Last edited:
Absolutely ***** dropped mine from 1st lift and the bubble cracked! Went back to the auld stabila you could fuckin windy pick the bubble and it still wouldnt crack :) stabila are th boyos deffo!!!

Still using my Stabilla boat level from my scaffolding days and then it only cost around £6.50

Still using my old Stabila bought for £19.99 magnetic.
Still got unmagnetic red Rabone level over 40 years old with slow bubble has verticle, horizontal and diagonal and STILL accurate!

Big Ben? Nah never needed one.

Top Bottom