what're the health and safety rules regarding.. (1 Viewer)

WORKSHY-APPRENTICE

Reaction score
facial piercings and stretched piercings? im a little unsure about these as i have heard different people say different things.. any help on this would be fantastic before i end up getting a piercing i cant wear whilst at work.

I think it depends on each site. Some have banned them altogether but most accept just taping them up. I suppose I'm just as guilty as I never tape up my wedding ring but why would you want to be cutting about a site with metal sticking out your face? It takes all sorts but be prepared for some safety guy's to take umbridge.

The main rules regarding any kind of personal type stuff like piercings and stuff is basically , you have to consider are if you are a customer orientated worker meeting people all the time all day you have to look the part an consider company image .

secondly can it cause injury during your job eg. stab you, get caught in moving parts machinary, get caught in the product you handling etc etc there has been many a person lost fingers just hanging football nets up at wkends due to wedding rings getting caught on net hooks on crossbars.

Aom better watch out :laugh:

if nowt else at least get couple of studs to wear during work

Dont Know About Piercings And All That, But While Working For Bovis They Wanted You To Take Your Wristwatch Off What Next? Gloves On Elastic Through Your Overalls

Dont Know About Piercings And All That, But While Working For Bovis They Wanted You To Take Your Wristwatch Off What Next? Gloves On Elastic Through Your Overalls

done a bit for bovis myself,,,rail work and they were a bit ott,,,,,though carillion are worse:amazed:

a was told yesterday i couldnt wear a balaclava neither, by a scaff a work with

Going a bit further, Hi vis Vest, ya twin tail lanyards all get caught up are they going to banish them.

thats because it was a Rolex;)

no piercings/jewellery of any kind allowed in the ship yards, you even have to tape up your wedding ring.

Top Bottom