sg4 10 what is the new guidance (1 Viewer)

grafter

Reaction score
hi was wandering as a scaffolder what do we now have to do diffrent from sg4 05.

hi was wandering as a scaffolder what do we now have to do diffrent from sg4 05.

The long & short of it is that it is no longer permitted to traverse along a platform without any form of fall protection.

Scaffolders must create a 'safe zone' with collective fall protection as a priority when working at height.

Minimum requirements are a fully boarded and correctly supported platform without gaps where someone could fall & and a single main guardrail where there is a risk of a fall.

A single board is allowed to be omitted from the working platform if access to lower ledger for bracing/puncheons etc are required.

not allowed to be like miners and do the tunneling effect lol also the scaffstep is getting used now wat do you guys out there think of it cheers guys

not allowed to be like miners and do the tunneling effect lol also the scaffstep is getting used now wat do you guys out there think of it cheers guys

Ohhh tin of worms on here with that question pal, me no problems with the step the best option by a mile others ok but slow and very expensive as a benchmark look at what the big firms use not always the most exspensive .

Was it not worms that wrote it ?????

No, the technical author is credited as being Simon Hughes from Simian Risk.

Although it was basically developed by the NASC SG4 working party, which is made up by various industry orginisations.

Was it not worms that wrote it ?????

How many "worms" are trying to make our jobs safer ?
Alright some people are on good numbers within our industry but if it works and saves one life is this not a good thing ? Just my opinion I know not all members agree with AGR but it's here and staying for a while .

same b*llocks different number . have you seen how easily a recip goes through a step .better make them tungsten as i have made it my mission to half every one .
Good on ya Alan, tell it as it is.

Tunnelling is NOT banned!!!

Use an tube to advance the tunnelling section. Work on the boarded lift you are on, simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Use an tube to advance the tunnelling section. Work on the boarded lift you are on, simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nothing is 'banned' mate.

It's just a guidance document.

If you adopt the SG4:10 methodology then 'protected traversing' must follow these points :-

* Employers must demonstrate that guardrail protection cannot be utilised.

* Scaffolders must be clipped on whilst working outside or within 1.0m of the end of guardrail protection.

* Traversing along an unprotected platform would require the employement of double lanyards to ensure that the scaffolder is clipped on at all times.

You can only do the "protected traversing " when you prove no other AGR can be used ( just got my new SG4:10 user guide) !!!

You can only do the "protected traversing " when you prove no other AGR can be used ( just got my new SG4:10 user guide) !!!

I think Ragscaff is talking about section 2/67 horizontal type agm not protected traversing?

This method i also believe is the simplest, ive tried it. just my opinion.

Top Bottom