Scaffold Gear and Labour tracking Software

celtic

Reaction score
Does anyone know where we could get/buy software to track gear on multiple jobs with labour.

We've had a system done up locally based on one of the large N Sea companies for gear but it needs a lot more work to capture comings and goings on projects with multiple scaffolds aswell as dumping this info in and out of our master stock list.

We have buffer stock rates and on hire rates for materials and on hire and stand by for the lads.

Been to software companies but they dont fully get the scaffold game and how involved a good programme would be.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Celtic

Hi Celtic, I have never really seen this discussed on the forum before, doesn't mean there aren't a few using it though. Is this for a North Sea project or have you just replicated their system? I did once see an old RBG system to control stock but it was a while ago and pretty basic excel program. Good luck with the search.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

I'm not entirely sure if this would help but I would pose the question to Terry@CADS to see if he could help.

aom,

cheers for the feedback.

It's not a small program we are looking for and will need help from the forum members.

Cheers

Celtic

Celtic
The hire and sales team at interserve have a computer system lads fill the book carbon copy to hire and sale and they punch in info and at anytime you can get a print out.
Can't think of the name but any of the hire and sales company should be able to help at the end of the day it's only a stock sheet type program.

Andyf8686,

Cheers for the reply,

we are using carbon copies at the moment and expect to keep on doing so as the most important part of the whole thing is components per scaffold + man hours on project up and down.

We are trying to get a program that does'nt require the same data entry per scaffold more than once, like if there's a modification the extra bits are just an add on or reduction from the job gear list.

All of this has to come and go from the company's main overall stocklist at the same time and cost in the labour at mod rate which is more than initial build/dismantle rate.

Doing my head in!

Cheers

Celtic

Celitc
When I was at interserve we had the handover book and extra book SVO site variation these where hand over the contract supv who in turn had to match it the the quotation item. There was then a sheet that was filled in by the supv stating how much was for labour / materials hire / and profit then this was handed to the QS for billing the client.
It was good thing because at any time you could pull the file and see how much was left on the job quotation why's and money.
To be honest the other supervisors hated it but I found it good as could give the lads a little bit extra on the dismantle if needed as sometime they would erect 3 -4 items in a day but all wages would be covered of 1 item.

Andyf8686,

the jobs we are on are like stallag 17, swipe in swipe out through the turnstiles. Cant insentivise anything, all the blokes get more or less the same rate unless you can get the good one's on nights.

The software to keep up with the data being logged is a cluster Fluck.

Cheers

Celtic

celtic im sure i have a brochure about some software somewhere specifically for plant hire type businesses including scaffolding businesses , it tracks all ins an outs stuff like that maintainance, hire charges .

let me know if sounds right thing cos i aint looking for it if it no good , its in 1 of about 24 boxes of stuff i sorted out a while ago

Old post I know but if you're still looking for scaffold tracking software, take a look at avontus.com. Avontus have a package for design, tracking, and billing/costing, does reporting at site and individual scaffold level. Might be what you need. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know where we could get/buy software to track gear on multiple jobs with labour.

We've had a system done up locally based on one of the large N Sea companies for gear but it needs a lot more work to capture comings and goings on projects with multiple scaffolds aswell as dumping this info in and out of our master stock list.

We have buffer stock rates and on hire rates for materials and on hire and stand by for the lads.

Been to software companies but they dont fully get the scaffold game and how involved a good programme would be.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Celtic
Might be worth contacting Generation hire , see if they can give the details of the system they use. Its a similar concept only they hire out and your ercting but you could adapt it.

Strike soft is a complete contract software system for scaffolding recording all the costings and quants for individual projects. It covers Labour control, material control, estimating, quotation and invoicing from enquiry to final account payment. Originating from Connect Scaffolding In Bishops Stortford Herts, it may be your answer. Be aware though It demands accuracy with input all the time.

I'd heard strike soft was for individual jobs like you said... would it handle tracking of all current jobs?

I suggested the avontus system since it's meant for business-wide stock and job management, as well as the takeoff and billing aspects.

Im sure anyone in the market for this type of software will look into the merits of all these packages.

There are lots of website or software which tracks labor time. Search in google. There is no free software. Or else find any software company, they will make labor time software specifically for you.

try jason gibbs he may well be able to help,the word is he has an inbuilt sensor that can tell him the men are in the shiitter or smoking,not sure about the Gear Tracking but you never know.;)

All of what you require can be done on a heavily coded excel sheet or access database. all you need is someone who knows vba code to compile it for you.

Top Bottom