Enable members to change user name (1 Viewer)

poacher turned gamekeeper

Reaction score
Hi SF, I think it would be benificial for SF members to be able to change their registered user name for added privacy. When i registered I obviously used my real name, if i could register again i would use my nickname or something else, I aint got nothing to hide, but i probably hold back on my views somewhat cos i dont know who is monitoring the forum, please please please, change the user name format so numptys like me can have a second chance with out having to get a new e:mail address and lose my JR status which as took some time to acheive.;);)

Yours hopefully

Dave

When I joined I was only getting the hang of using computers, I clicked onto the forum and noticed all had made up names, so when I joined I thought that is what you have to do, so I picked Brandy. If it were allowed to change and keep the posts I would prefer to use my real name, which is Terry. Is it possible. ?

I'd like to be known as "That good looking B.astard with the 12 inch C.ock" but it's not going to happen is it?

Dave, there is a school of thought that say's thousands of people will change their name by deed poll to get rid of the stigma attached to their profile built up on things like facebook and the like. I know what you mean about curbing your view but I would say leave it as is, this is a common medium for discussing most things but just how wrong could it go discussing scaffold?:eek::noworry:

If anyone would really like me to change their name for them I will, but only to hide their privacy.

You would not believe the amount of requests I get to change usernames and for forgotten passwords!

It is not common practise and no forum would allow the user to change their name manually as it would be impossible to moderate.

Best Regards

SF Admin

why brandy tho is it ya fave drink??

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

i use scaffy as that me user name on all the animal and dog sex sites

why brandy tho is it ya fave drink??

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

i use scaffy as that me user name on all the animal and dog sex sites
HA HA, Scaffy. No, its when I joined I could'nt think of a name so I remembered I'd won a bottle of Brandy in the pub the night before, hate the stuff, ended up giving it away.

Dave, there is a school of thought that say's thousands of people will change their name by deed poll to get rid of the stigma attached to their profile built up on things like facebook and the like. I know what you mean about curbing your view but I would say leave it as is, this is a common medium for discussing most things but just how wrong could it go discussing scaffold?:eek::noworry:

Alright aom remember that unfortunate incident i was involved in the other week, you even told me to be careful so anonomaty would have been better in that situation especially when we get popped up at the weekends, as we do;)

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

If anyone would really like me to change their name for them I will, but only to hide their privacy.

You would not believe the amount of requests I get to change usernames and for forgotten passwords!

It is not common practise and no forum would allow the user to change their name manually as it would be impossible to moderate.

Best Regards

Fair play admin can you change my user name to "poacher turned gamekeeper". I registered that name on the wifes email only problem was she forgot her password on my computer, so if you could be so kind to implement them changes for me, got nowt to hide just prefer not to have real name up thanks in advance. Dave or should i say poacher turned gamekeeper.:bigsmile:

Fair enough Dave..... I mean poacher turned game keeper.:noworry:

aye my name is dave baldwin and proud of it wot i say and wot i do so no name change 4 me thank you

If we allow members to change their names would they please change their habits too so that we have less of the bad language that offends some of us.

TomD is just an alias of mine, my actual name is Sir Byron Hoffenheim the 3rd :D ha

Too late for me now, However, if i was to change it, i would be 'Marmite' you either love it or hate it. Seems quite apt, and i might of even got another scaffolding start somewhere if i get bladdered.;)

Top Bottom