Enable members to change user name (2 Viewers)

Hi Tester, I will admit to the odd bout of colourful language on occasion and if it has caused offence then I am very sorry. I will try to curtail it in the future as it's easy to forget it's not just scaffolders that are reading the posts. However it is a scaffolders forum and the language used on here is a very heavily diluted version of the language in common daily use on every building site in the land, and as such it shouldn't be too surprising to read the odd expletive.

most of us spend our day effin + blindin , why change just because your writing it ???? missus says if i didnt swear id have f**k all to say

You are havin a giraffe, What next, burning books?:laugh:

You are havin a giraffe, What next, burning books?:laugh:

If I hadn't i'm sure Admin would have if tester had made a complaint. I have to use my discretion aom. If the remarks were made at you or the friday night crew fair enough:D . I'm not trying to ruin the banter but allan's comments were only going to upset tester. Its not as if this place is over moderated is it.We know allan likes a laugh, but not everyone will get his sense of humour

Last edited:
Allan's humour is well documented, whilst Tester's status as sponsor is welcome it doesn't mean he has had a humour by-pass. You didn't see Better Tax bleating when their charges were questioned they explained their position and stood by it. You are the moderator Ian but for me it was nothing that shouldn't be expected and I'm sure we have all had worse.

haha, you'll get a doing now for not doing your job.:D

Thankless task I know, but in all honesty all the sponsors are business men and women who can handle themselves and I'm sure would not want to censor free speech.

Fact is aom its how admin will look upon it if tester complains. I would hate to see allan banned as I like his wit. I was looking at it from both parties point and would still advise allan to edit his post.

I was going to say, all Tester would need to do is pm Allan but then again maybe not.:eek::D No one is getting banned for that no way. It's humour and Tester has been around the forum long enough to know that.

surely everyone got a right to an opinion who ever you upset, thort we live in a free speech society!!!!!

aom I was acting as moderator and following the forum rules. The job is yours mate if you want it.:idea:

Please read the following rules and abide by them at all times.
Please respect other forum members at all times.
If you have an issue with a member, PM a moderator or admin
Any racist, bigotry or discriminating posts will not be tolerated
Please refrain from any unnecessary swearing
We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members. (except for forum advertisers and sponsors)
Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

Infractions and bans will be given to users if any of these rules are broken. Infractions given can either be temporary of permanent and are given at the discretion of the forums moderators.

Now please enjoy the Scaffolders Forum and have fun!

ian get a grip lad,its debate lively or not its a forum for scaffs and scaff associated companys,we speak the way we feel weather profanities are used or not.start this edit this edit that then its gone LOST,we will be getting told what to do in our forum as well as everywhere else,lets not let the PC bollox take over what we have here if allen barred well you can barr me too.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

wits awe they rules rolled out for what fcuking age are you mate?????start acting it the guy says HI.whats got into u ian?????

Top Bottom