Enable members to change user name (1 Viewer)

:cool:Did I read that right Allan???? Has cricket season kicked off so soon??? Must be very Testing conditions.:nuts: Humpty Dumpty lol

Hi All

I'm busy for a couple of days and all this kicks off!

I stand by Ian's decision to remove that post as I would have done so myself.

You all know that I leave well alone if possible and let a lot slide. I am not a prood and accept that bad language will be used and generally the banter is fine.

You have to remember all of the mods are giving up their time free of charge in order to help make the forum a better place for everyone.

I am sure forum sponsors can look after themselves, but lets keep this a place that organisations want to sponsors.

ok admin fair enough so when are we all going to start to burn books whisper when we talk etc,as far as i could see there was a total over-reaction,rules should only be brought out by unblemished fellows not heritics.

I also take your point admin but if you are going to gather enough scaffs in the one room you are going to have to take the consequences. This is not a forum for girl guides and you have posted a couple of times now that we and we alone are responsible for our own posts. The moderators were never in question to my mind just the fact I have never liked being told what to do rightly or wrongly and felt it was a step too far. It is just as well the agencies never paid to advertise their services or we would have nothing left to discuss.

HaHa I only just found this now , I wondered what that moderator thread was gannin on about lol So this is what I missed over wkend

I was stood outside boozer having a smoke, when a chap in a wheelchair stopped an asked me why I smoked when I didnt need to.

I replied " Why are you wearing fcukin trainers " :nuts:

The sponsor who suggested people refrain from using bad language as its upsetting is not a regular contributor to debate on the forum, 17 posts since Jul 2010, and as far as I'm aware no bad language was directed against him in those 17 posts. I, like the vast majority of forum members welcome and thank him for his sponsorship as without the sponsors the forum could not continue in its present form, but equally without the audience IE.the members the sponsors would not be interested. It is a means and rightly so, for them to reach out to a bigger client base and is beneficial for all on the forum. Every person in all walks of life has particular views on a subject and is entitled to express them, but from a business point of view it's best to stand back and not criticise potential clients without compromising your principles.

it would be beter to have another 5,000 normal scaffolders join the forum and have the crack as this is what scaffolders do than have one person moan about a bit of harmless fun

This thread has certainly upset a lot of people for one reason or another and looks like its going to rumble on a bit. Last week I could feel the tension,and it spilled over a bit into other threads...Question is ,how can this be resolved?....There may be an easy solution,but nothings easy with a lot of people with different views....Its like a football match,we all see the same thing,but no one agrees with what the refs decision. Can I make a suggestion... How about more than one complaint required too edit a post. Now shoot me to pieces or add another solution.Looking forward to a luverly weekend.cheers:cool:

Hi Frederick, I think that sounds a fair enough idea except Ian was right to moderate it if Admin has backed him. I didn't agree with it then and I don't agree with it now, however if that is how admin see's it we must abide by it but bear it in mind when sponsors are vetted within the forum.

Hallooo AOM,very diplomatic reply mate,then admin will have to live with the backlash.

I didn't mean to sound as though I was sitting on the fence but I do think it is time to put this one to bed once and for all. It stopped being about the one post a while back and like most other facets of the working man's life it became just another example of being told to keep quiet and accept your lot. Not my style if I'm honest but I'm starting to get good at it now.

am afraid am the opposite aom i cant bear to see good folk chastised,its like a bully id never stand and watch a bully,bully that would make me as bad as he in my book.

All I can say is this could go on and on, a decision regarding 1 post has been made and that it as far as I can see.

I try not to interfere whenever possible and I think you will find that the moderators will very rarely edit or delete posts unless they feel the need.

If there is anything that anyone wants to get of their chests the please send me a pm or an email and I will do my best to sort it for you.

Best Regards

SF Admin

sound admin im burying this now as i know the lad has other issues to deal with,but debate is healthy.

Top Bottom