Impact drill

Good to know, it will certainly get a stiff test in Argyll.

First week with the new toy and all I can say is prepare to want one. I cant believe there are guy's banging up lumps on price who don't use this tool. You can slag off the users as much as you like but this is a brilliant time saver. You can't throw away the spanner just yet but I think this is as close to it as you are ever likely to get. One concern is all the boy's were quietly impressed but not sure I would want to work with a full squad using them as the noise would get intolerable. Maybe not as bad as the full squad banging system but I think it would get to you after a while. So far so good.:cool:

Aye Mate, Great bit of Kit for Loading Bays,Support,Shoring,Long runs and striking. We also have a site cordon with Heras, using the 'Anti tamper proof fitting' what a Mare that special Spanner is. Then i realised it was a removable box with a 1/2" drive, on the IW it goes, doddle.:blink1:

All you need is a makita and a bit of ingenuity Paddy.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Might buy more Appolo bolts now I have the machine to fire them in.:idea:

First week with the new toy and all I can say is prepare to want one. I cant believe there are guy's banging up lumps on price who don't use this tool. You can slag off the users as much as you like but this is a brilliant time saver. You can't throw away the spanner just yet but I think this is as close to it as you are ever likely to get. One concern is all the boy's were quietly impressed but not sure I would want to work with a full squad using them as the noise would get intolerable. Maybe not as bad as the full squad banging system but I think it would get to you after a while. So far so good.:cool:

1 IW for a 3 man gang is sufficient 2 for a five ,
Are you thinking why didn't I get one sooner ??

AOM moaning a noise,:eek: FFS you should hear him trying to play his Bagpipes.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRifhuHUVXw]The World's Worst Bagpiper - YouTube[/ame]

1 IW for a 3 man gang is sufficient 2 for a five ,
Are you thinking why didn't I get one sooner ??

That's exactly what I thought and even all that guff about giving the fitting a nip lasted about 5 minutes as every one was tight so got bored with that as well. Really really impressed.

As for you Paddy, I never did master the pipes, I was always the drummer boy.

Aye nice one Tetley but if as I suspect it turns out to be even better than mine I might rip it right back of you.:D

if you're going to get an impact wrench dont get an hilti get a makita 18v lith far better battery life.stronger caseing lighter to carry... All in all a better machine
how much are these drills and how big are they

Tetley just took possession of the Hilti version which looks better than the Makita as it's smaller lighter and if I remember even cheaper. We have only done system since it arrived so not been road tested yet but I expect a good report as it looks so good. The only possible down side is the batteries which are only 2.2ah as opposed to the Makita which I think is 4ah so only time will tell.

What one

Going to try a drill which one love me spanner elbows wrists shoulders wrecked but like spanner but why not try a drill I hear Maketa good any advise please

Aom swears by the Makita, I'd prefer Dewalt it's down to personal choice.

You could also consider Milwaukee, Sealey, Hilti, Panasonic, Snap-on and more, there a quite a few to choose from.

Last edited:
I agree but if I'm honest I would guess which ever you get will be your favourite as they are just that good. As Swifty says, Makita for me but the rest are just as good with only minor concerns. Careful how you use them though and make sure they are always on the light setting for building and check every now and again they are not being used to the extreme especially on the sleeves.

Top Bottom