How Can The Scaffolders Forum Improve? (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Since the forum was launched in September 2009, we have had a phenomenal response with nearly 600 scaffolders signing up and over 3000 posts being made.

The forum was designed and created by me and at the time I did the best that I could with the limited industry knowledge that I have.

However now I would love to hear your suggestions on how the forum could be made even better.

• What works well and what doesn't?
  • What new features would you like?
  • Would you like some new sections, or are there too many?
Once you have all made your suggestions, I will create a poll for you to vote whether or not the suggestions should be implemented.

All suggestions will be taken into consideration and are appreciated!

Best Regards

SF Admin

Great job so far SF Admin

I will have a ponder to see if there can be changes made

I would echo scaff's comments

Great Site, Great Content.

Perhaps the foreign scaff section could be rolled into one as it doesnt seem to be used too often?

In regard to features: I would like the Forum to provide me with an 18 year old female nubile blond with a very broad mind!!??? :love:

But I dont suppose your budget can stretch to that eh?? :sad:

Hi SF admin

How feasible would it be to notify members in social groups, regarding new 'Posts'? in their particular group as the same scenario as the normal forum?

Regards
Paddy

Hi Paddy

I don't think it is possible as I think it would be setup as standard, however I will have a look into it.

Regards

SF Admin

Since the forum was launched in September 2009, we have had a phenomenal response with nearly 600 scaffolders signing up and over 3000 posts being made.

The forum was designed and created by me and at the time I did the best that I could with the limited industry knowledge that I have.

However now I would love to hear your suggestions on how the forum could be made even better.

Once you have all made your suggestions, I will create a poll for you to vote whether or not the suggestions should be implemented.

Best Regards

SF Admin

Would it be possible to have a top viewed column along similar lines to hottest threads? As not everybody contibutes but it would give an idea of what people are finding interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Hi SF Admin

How feasible would it be to be able to search users by location and not just name. This would enable a search for users in your own area.

Thanks

Collo

Would it be possible to have a top viewed column along similar lines to hottest threads? As not everybody contibutes but it would give an idea of what people are finding interesting

This is definately a good idea, is it possible???

Is this not already there? Check the bottom of the home page.

Hi Colllo

Thanks for your suggestions!

1. We could have a top viewed threads list but it would have to replace hottest threads.

I don't know what the general consensus is, but if people want it then the change can be made quite easily.

2. Searching by location would be great but is not be possible as the search function cannot be modified in anyway.

Regards

SF Admin

Would it be possible to have a top viewed column along similar lines to hottest threads? As not everybody contibutes but it would give an idea of what people are finding interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Hi SF Admin

How feasible would it be to be able to search users by location and not just name. This would enable a search for users in your own area.

Thanks

Collo

Delays???

Hi SF Admin,

Is there any way of speeding up, or removing altogether, the delays once items have been posted.

For example, I have a PM waiting for me as I type and have been waiting to get to it since I got a notification email (for about 1hr 20 minutes).

It is the same when a new post is put onto a thread I am subscribed to, I get the notification email and go onto the forum but its not there if I am too quick.

Hi There

I wonder if anybody else is having these problems as the notifications are only activated once the the post / pm is there?

Is anyone else experiencing these delays?

Regards

SF Admin

Hi SF Admin,

Is there any way of speeding up, or removing altogether, the delays once items have been posted.

For example, I have a PM waiting for me as I type and have been waiting to get to it since I got a notification email (for about 1hr 20 minutes).

It is the same when a new post is put onto a thread I am subscribed to, I get the notification email and go onto the forum but its not there if I am too quick.

Viewer's

Hi SF Admin,

It's just a thought,
but I would like to see which members are viewing the same thread as you are (just been nosy) and how many guest are looking.
I know it shows how many viewers are looking at what subject group.
Hope you can understand this.

Best regards,

Hi Tac

I am pretty sure that this is possible. I will take a look into it!

Regards

SF Admin

Hi SF Admin,

It's just a thought,
but I would like to see which members are viewing the same thread as you are (just been nosy) and how many guest are looking.
I know it shows how many viewers are looking at what subject group.
Hope you can understand this.

Best regards,

Get the bloody digital clock put to the right time on the home page,been driving me mad since the clocks changed lol.:D

Hi Daz

Do you mean the one at the bottom of the page?

If so I have no control over it and it displays the correct time to me.

Regards

SF Admin

Get the bloody digital clock put to the right time on the home page,been driving me mad since the clocks changed lol.:D

You need to change your forum options to the correct time.

Go to quick links (look up to the right)

Select Edit Options

Scroll down and change the time format to the following:

attachment.php

Hope that helps,

James

Attachments

• timezone.jpg
    timezone.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 151
After re-reading some of my and other posts I think a spell checker that us thicko's don't have to down load would be a great help.:D

Linked In Group

Hi SF Admin,

I think that having a group on LinkedIn that directs people to this site would help. I have had a look on there for scaffold groups but there isnt much and definately isnt one for scaffold professionals... even the NASC arent on there yet (but SIA from USA is!!!).

Just a thought...

How about a chat room rather than messaging could work out faster if it's possible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Best Regards

SF Admin

A good way to improve it is to get rid of the melts who have started using it now... seems that alot of the older members dont use it anymore due to newer members acting like priicks on here.

Top Bottom