Scaffold tagging and inspections (1 Viewer)

grim72

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and hopefully this is the right place to tell you about a new inspection and tagging system we have developed, if not apologies and hopefully a mod can move it?

Web_Scaffold_inspection.jpg
Web_Scaffold_tag_insert.jpg

Good to Go Safety is an easy to use system developed for the pre-use checking of scaffolding and other equipment. The tag has been designed to sit flush to the scaffold pole (avoiding the risk of snagging, breaking and pilfering) and clearly displays a visual reminder to carry out a check before accessing the scaffold.

A check book provides a checklist for a competent person to tick off during the inspection, with a duplicate NCR copy automatically produced for your audit record system. The top copy is removed from the book and inserted into the tag to show it has been checked and found to be either Good to Go or Not to be used.

An optional tamper evident seal can also be used to prevent unauthorised removal/vandalism of the checklist.

We think we have developed a great product and customers to date tend to agree. If you are looking for an affordable and easy to implement system then drop me a line or visit our website for more info.

Good to Go Safety website
Good to go Safety blog
Good to Go Safety digital brochure
Good to Go Safety twitter

It all sound quite good...just one thing...please...please dont refer to scaffold members as "Poles" Poles are East European, I know its trivial but the correct terminology is "Tubes"

Poles, Planks and Clips are terms used by amateurs or people not affay with our business, it is Tubes, Fittings and Boards.

No offence ment what so ever :)

None taken, I will officially call myself a tube for the rest of the day too. Schoolboy error :embarrest:

it would be better if it was bigger, looking at the one in the picture it looks rather small, not very visible if you know what i mean, its a good idea being snag free etc, but most tags are out of the way of anyone getting snagged, also is that you in the picture, no hard hat is not a very good advertisment for someone trying to promote a safety product.

whats the cost compared to the scaff tag? problem is most scaffold companys already have the scaff tag, can't see them throwing them away & buying your system, unless the tag that go in the holders could be reused in your system, just food for thought.

best of luck:)

companys already have the scaff tag, can't see them throwing them away & buying your system

Well pointed out, we for an example are only a small business but we must have in excess of 200 holders (Which last forever) and at least 400 inserts that can be wiped clean with solvent clothes....

Looks ok initally,and you say it works with tg20,but your tag in the picture has been placed on a system scaffold,does it have a cross reference facility which incorperates the recomended manufactorers guidelines of each individual type of system scaffolding which vary from system to system.

We have a generic checklist for both scaffold towers and fixed scaffolding so shouldn't be an issue. As you can imagine it would be an endless task to offer variants for every type of scaffold/tower on the market.

The tag is certainly smaller than the scafftag version but is actually more visible due to its bright colour - it is also positioned at access points for maximum visibility.

I'd agree about the scafftag dominance in the market place amd agree that people who already implement it are unlikely to change in the short term. Feedback from exhibitions and customers to date however suggest that there is more than enough room for an alternative - its amazing how many comments we have had from people saying thank god there is an alternative and welcoming the chance to switch. It is early stages for us and launching the product at the start of a recession and a downturn in the construction industry could have been devastating for us, however so far we have seen continued interest and increasing sales so we are still hopeful it will be a success.

The cost works out similar but slightly cheaper, but the advantages that come with our system can help sway the argument further.

Thanks for all the questions/feedback, as ever it is vital for us to ensure we keep developing and improving on what we have done to date

IOSH Exhibition

We exhibited at last week's IOSH exhibition and got great feedback from all that visited the stand. I'm now in the process of following up the leads and preparing for our next show at the NEC Safety & Health Expo in May. If anyone is in the area feel free to pop on our stand (I82).

Main reason for the post is nowt to do with the product but to tell you about my breakfast before the show. I was sat down eating my fry up in the hotel when I noticed the guy sat at the table opposite who looked the double of Sven. I didnt think much of it until Mr T, Simon Cowell, Ricky Gervais, Snoop Dog, Gordon Ramsay and Marilyn Monroe joined him.

Undoubtedly the most surreal experience I have ever had (sober). I took a pic which you can see on our blog if you click here.

Those lookalikes arent that bad!! most of the time you have to squint to get the picture but not with this group, no wonder you were confused!!

I was most concerned when Marilyn Monroe walked in! Thought I was just drunk until she walked in :)

Well pointed out, we for an example are only a small business but we must have in excess of 200 holders (Which last forever) and at least 400 inserts that can be wiped clean with solvent clothes....

Sorry to say this but the insert is a legal document and it should be in possession with the client and not for it to be re-used.

From a Hull City Tiger.
TAC

Sorry to say this but the insert is a legal document and it should be in possession with the client and not for it to be re-used.

From a Hull City Tiger.
TAC

Thought the F91 was the legal document that the client retains!:eek:

Thought the F91 was the legal document that the client retains!:eek:

The F91 this was abolished a good few years ago!!! :toung:
I think you'll find that a scaffold register as to be kept and (if adopted) the scaff-tag should be in date with that register and it still a legal document and not to be re-used :amazed:

From a Hull City Tiger
TAC

T.Animal and TAC

The Schedule 7 inspection register is the legal document not the Scafftag. The Scafftag is not a legal requirement and therefore does not legally have to be used, however many main contractors will insist on their use. The schedule 7 inspection register is the document that has to beretained for record purposes.

So the re-use of scafftag inserts is quite above board (not to mention enviromentally friendly)

One of the big advantages of our Good to Go Safety system - it produces a duplicate copy for your records - no need to worry about inserts being lost/removed. We now have one of the biggies trialling it at the moment with a view to switching from the usual culprit. Fingers crossed they run with it, will be a good scalp for us.

Grim

How does your marking system stand up to damp or wet conditions
the scafftags are rubbish when any dampness is present

Most of my clients ask for scafftags but they are using it as a generic term switching them to your product I don't think would be a problem

As to cleaning and re-using the inserts this is not on as far as I am concerned,
the inserts are written proof that an inspection was carried out at a specific time and date and by who.They form part of the history of inspections conducted on a particular structure.
Whilst the tagging of scaffolds is not a legal requirement if you do tag then a record of the tagging should be archived it demonstrates that your company puts H&S high on its agenda and will help your case in any dealings with the HSE

Apologies for delay

Hi Rigger, apologies for the delay, I was showcasing the product at last week's S&H Expo at the NEC. We had a great response and some fantastic leads, even sold some product on the stand, it was that popular.

The tag itself is weather resistant (but not waterproof). Since we developed the system (about 18 months ago) I have had a tag with insert attached to a post outside. There is occasional water ingress during bad weather (no better test environment than Scotland), however you can still read everything clearly when you take the paper insert out. You also have a replica of the insert on your NCR copy which can be kept safe and sound in your office for reference.

From the comments you have made I think we would have the perfect solution for your clients. We have not had a negative comment from anyone using the system yet. Let me know if I can be of any further help. If you visit our digital catalogue (click here) you can find more information and place orders/see pricing by clicking on the highlighted areas on a page.

Hi Sheppy if you PM me your details I'll fire across a pdf of the brochure which shows all the pricing.

Top Bottom