TG 20 Transom spacings

DECROMAX

Reaction score
Noticed on some new boards we were using today had 1.5m spacing on the band.
I know machine graded boards could have a transom spacing of 1.5 and visually graded of 1.2 but I thought this all changed to a standard 1.2 for all boards with TG20.

TG20 had to use the lowest rating due to the fact visually graded boards are 1.2m. Also some companies don't even buy BS boards. BS 2482 states machine graded 1.5.

Always best to stick with the tried and tested, 4 transoms to a 13ft board.

There is a few companies that want 5 transom on a 13ft board cape being 1 of them

The transom spacing at 1.2m is not only to support the board.It will all so give the loading support of the scaffold. Transoms no more than 300mm from the node point then 1.2m will give you 5 transoms to a board on three of load class,heavy duty 900mm.

Most (not all) people who put 4 transoms to a 13ft board tend to go over the 1.2 now and then I find it much easier and a better job to put in 5.

last 2 firms ive worked for want 5 transoms to a 13 unless you get a trainee they can put 2 or 7 in depending how they feel and if there not texing sometimes they do the singles up sorry!!! being a bitch

I agree celticbhoy,5 to a board is par for the course now,especially on drawings.But it pays to be safe in your own mind.

we are being told to move from A Grade boards to BSI Boards with 1.2M or 1.5M support

the Grade A boards are being phased out in favor of the BSI Boards by the Main Contractors Group etc

Top Bottom