SF App for the iphone (1 Viewer)

mikedench

Reaction score
as an iscaff,

whens it app'ening it takes too long, and too fidly to search for jobs,
and are they paying digs?

or is it not gonna app'en?

Hi Mike

There are no plans for a custom scaffolders forum app. However we could implement the tapatalk service which makes the forum iphone friendly, but everyone would have to pay for the tapatalk app which is around £2.

If enough people want to do this then I would be happy to sort it out.

It doesnt matter really though does it? The app would be as slow as your browser in the same location as you would still be using the same connection!

Making an app for iPhone will open a whole new can of worms as I myself would want a BlackBerry app and an Android version will also need to be developed! Too much expense for a small gain really

Iscaff is the future. Take my £2

Connection time is fine it's finding the links with fingers and thumbs.

The Tapatalk app works on all of the following - iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry and Nokia.

Yeah that one speeds up forum browsing but an actual SF App would have to be developed and cross formatted for various handsets. Maybe one to put to the SF Sponsors lol :D

As requested...

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Developers: Try our API to develop forum plugin to integrate with your existing system, or write your own forum app with the same API.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:
77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:
77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:
77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:
77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Check out Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 (WP7), Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, SMF and more for more information!

haha jakdan theres nothing like a bit of forum banter whilst draining the free wifi in McDonalds..

get a happy meal for yourself

Just downloaded the is iscaff app. Loving it hope you all can read this

£1.79

Mike, I hope you're not one of those on his phone all day:mad:

Are you?

Haha only in break time! Save spending 30p and a ***** paper everyday.

Every scaff should have an impact driver, iPhone and step-up.

It's like being iron man

This message was sent from an iscaff

Sorry admin but most scaffs I know couldn't spell ap let alone down load one.:embarrest:

Looking at the stats we have had 5,000 visits this month from smart phones about 14% of all visits so there is demand for it.

I think the a lot of scaffs that would visit a scaffolding forum would be the kind of people to use apps on smartphones.

We will have to see, but it didn't cost anything so the choice is yours if you want to use it or not.

Regards

SF Admin

Very true, different strokes and all that. First time I see one of the boys with a blackberry in the yard will get a good boot in the stones though.:D

Top Bottom