FAO The Design Engineers/Advanced Guardrail People (1 Viewer)

Send me your idea Ian i will look at it and if it works i will patent it and retire in a tropical island :toung:

Good for you mate the best ideas are the simplest depending on what materials you need to use for you parts you could get a local blacksmith to make it for you , but do apply for a patent if your serious about producing it in a big way ASAP it will give you protection mate

best of luck with it ;)

I have an idea for a collective fall prevention system. But wouldn't have the first clue about getting the components designed and patented. The system I have in mind is simple and would be very affordable to the scaffolding companies. If anyone has any advice pm me

Parachutes already been invented Ian:push:

new idea

Hallo mate, Log into the I.P.O.(intellectual property office) where you can get a bit of info/advice. You will have to submit drawings and a decription of your idea,pay a fee and this will give you a priority date. you can then start manufacturing under patent pending, but you should do a search first,there are a lot of clever gits out there and some one else may have the same idea. I think theres a patent office at Holborn.Good luck

On a serious note maybe Gordon Pilling @ St Helens Plant maybe someone worth talking to, if you want his contact number pm me.
Cheers Shed

Hello mate, if you do really have a good idea apply for a patent straight away, last time i did one it only cost about £100 to apply for, once you have applied for it you have about 12 months to get everything ready, i.e drawings, design, etc, untill you have applied for it dont tell anybody your idea, because if the idea/design is proved to of been disclosed prior to your application date, the patent is worthless! however if once you have applied for your patent you need any help getting prototypes made let me know.

Good luck

Is it half a stepladder that isn't a stepladder so doesn't get called a stepladder but really looks a lot like a stepladder but isn't one?

Not sure how much truth is in this one now but one way I heard of temporarily patenting an idea was to do the drawings/design or a written expalanation of the idea and method of working, post it to yourself but dont open the envelope. That way there is a government stamp on the envelope stating date of posting, therefore proving when the idea was initiated.

I was told this years ago by someone in the music industry as a way to protect songs from being ripped off by someone else.

Might be worth considering in the short term.

Dave.

Spoke to Steve about it today and we think it looks to be a good idea.But need to check up on a few things

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

We need to be second guessing the powers that be though, rumour has it that a scaffolders safe zone could quite easily be behind a double guardrail when SG4:15 is bought out. The jet pack sounds like it might take off :D

I didn't think 2 empty beer crates would need a patent
yeah but if you zip tie them together ?

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

my mate designed the scaff staff , you may of seen it in leaches catalogue or used one . i m sure he said it was about 800 pound to patent the idea . they offered a one off payment or a percentage of sales

Top Bottom