Bi-Hex or Hex spanners??? (2 Viewers)

I used to personally prefer hex, but the advantage of the bi-hex is they locate on the nut slightly better, but they can wear out slightly quicker.

For me IMN were the choice, but mostly because I knew the maker personally and lived just a couple of miles away.

:D That with a tit poker handle feels great, its light & quick locating and IMN have always made the best spanners. I would never change it. Had a few new pins in it now, but it's kept me going for the past 9 years so can't be bad! Makes me feel like the statue ;)
You other pore beggars must be the "spanner"-wielding pigeons..

IMN---all day, every day, like the ergonomins, light and rapid...

Attachments

• STA60004.jpg
    STA60004.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 25
what do you prefer and why? and please state the brand if you can

Bi-Hex all the way, not smashed my teeth nose and lips since these came out ;)

Did anyone have the salesman with the ball and claw spanner many years back? the guy was an engineer and did not like my feedback, like the handle was too long and heavy, but he knew better, not seen him since :nuts:

Potentially not a bad idea

i have a set of the real big ben spanners from yonks ago and they are better than all the hex and other copys

As with most guys on here its an IMN hex spanner, the Bi Hex gets right on my nipple ends so it does LOL

We all know that both hex points and bi-hex points socket can be applied on hex nut, two of the differences are convenience and torque. more points mean more angles could slide onto hex nut, literally bi-hex socket are made with double number of points than hex socket, which is easily fit onto hex nut especially when it is applied in confined spaces. In other words bi-hex can fit onto hex nut with only 30 degree, this feature is quite a both time and labor savor.

While hex socket have better torque performance and preventing nut corner from wearing than bi-hex one, two reasons as following:
1) The flank thickness of hex socket is thicker than bi-hex one, torque can be evenly applied on each side of the hex nut.
2.) Torque power load on flank of nut or bolt instead of corners
hex and bi-hex.jpg
As we can see, hex socket are made with better torque performance than bi-hex type sockets, why later is popular?
One of the reasons is scaffolers and workers would use podger ratchets daily and monthly, so they need a tool which can be both time savor and labor savor, thus bi-hex goes beyond than hex.

At last, I prefer Bi-hex, whether podger or swingover spanner.

Top Bottom