2.4mtr lifts (1 Viewer)

1969scaff

Reaction score
Here's one,on a site today just outside Wigan,timber framed crap.First lift 1mtr,second lift 2.0 mtr,third 2.4mtr,question is how do we use the scaff steps? Can't reach off the handrail so what's the alternative?Boarding out from below is a friggin nightmare.Putting a dummy lift in is a no go,total is about 400ft.Bosse solution,"just get it done".By the way aren't double handrails needed in Wigan?Passed about four jobs on houses with single h/rails on top lifts and yes not one intermediate lift h/railed!Maybe it's still 1980 there!!!

They were going to put a 2nd h/rail in.
But went for a pie instead.

put third handraill in and extend the step , iv asked this question to a safety &%&%^ and that was the answer i got . i waited until he left and erected it from the lift , and i hooked on whilst doing so .honest

lauch the FUC**** step as far as you can and jump up on the handrail like we have done since Noah built the arc , do they still wear "Flairs" and tank tops in Wigan ?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yep they do. They like to pretend they got a prem team to.

lol the ever popular step,soon be a kit bag out for us to transport it from job to job.

shouldnt have a 2-4mtr lift without design if im not mistaken , but that is by the book :laugh:

my advice would be to find someone taller than yourself to work with lol:laugh:

Why is the big lift at the top, we usually try and finish with a 1m lift at the top so you can lower the boards and the thick brickie won't have to stretch.

after using it for roughly 30 mins i attacked it with a tube basil fawlty style **** the step.com

poor step thrown in skip bounced off top lift attacked by a 5foot....would i be right in saying it aint popular?

what i cant work out is , i can reach an 8 foot lift of my double milk crates and have done for many years , so why now do i need a step ?

Top Bottom