Money making. (1 Viewer)

1969scaff

Reaction score
Been reading all the posts about cards and training with interest,what occurs to me is that it's all a huge money making machine that has evolved.I got my advanced card in 1983,went down to Mitcham in London on a two week, what I would call an assessment,can't teach you to be advanced in two weeks.Never had to renew it or go on any other courses until about five tears ago.All of a sudden you have to pay for a daft safety test,deigned to let as many cheap foreign workers in as possible,and pay to renew a card that you have had for years,why?MONEY!! Think of the cash they must have raked in, where did it go?Who benefited?Now there's a whole industry around scaffolding,safety advisers, instructors, etc. All making a tidy few bob out of the scaffs.These are the ones dictating how we should work ,card for this ,card for that,all have to be paid for.Why do I need a card to put up system scaffold?Why do I need a card to put up poxy alloy towers? Why,because it costs money.RANT OVER!!!!!!!!

Been reading all the posts about cards and training with interest,what occurs to me is that it's all a huge money making machine that has evolved.I got my advanced card in 1983,went down to Mitcham in London on a two week, what I would call an assessment,can't teach you to be advanced in two weeks.Never had to renew it or go on any other courses until about five tears ago.All of a sudden you have to pay for a daft safety test,deigned to let as many cheap foreign workers in as possible,and pay to renew a card that you have had for years,why?MONEY!! Think of the cash they must have raked in, where did it go?Who benefited?Now there's a whole industry around scaffolding,safety advisers, instructors, etc. All making a tidy few bob out of the scaffs.These are the ones dictating how we should work ,card for this ,card for that,all have to be paid for.Why do I need a card to put up system scaffold?Why do I need a card to put up poxy alloy towers? Why,because it costs money.RANT OVER!!!!!!!!

you can do a pasma tower course at facelift for 175 quid the instructor said it was a good course i said 175 quid it wants to be he said it last 5 years
i told him straight it was a rip off i said bet you dont get many he said loads.
more pressure on firms to ave more tickets for the money mixer!!!!!

I have to agree with you on this one, an additional ticket for system is pathetic.

thats not a rant mate thats the best fcking post for a long long time,WHERE DID IT ALL GO??where is it still all going???....maybe somebody far more learned than ourselfs would come on and explain WHERE IT ALL WENT.

maybe we the scaffolders should set up a few courses for them,so we can teach them, how to tell us how to do our job.
how to tell part ones to sweep up.
how to tell part twos to load wagon.
how to tell advanced how to load wagon,then unload wagon.
then there is the how to drive a wagon course.
how to climb a ladder course.
how to scrounge a brew course.
how to have good road rage put downs,at stupid car drivers.
how to drink more than you need course.

Thanks lads.Do you know any other trades that have a grading system?Are there advanced brickies or joiners,why can you only get up to advanced surely there's more money to be made in advanced parts 123?Or is that coming soon?

Numbnuts, I'll book 6 places for all except the last 3 because we are experts already in that regard.:D

maybe we the scaffolders should set up a few courses for them,so we can teach them, how to tell us how to do our job.

Got an advanced in the last one!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

You missed.Bombing for beginners.Catching tube from 20ft plus.Throwing fittings.How to tip ***** on brickies(my favourite)and the all important scaffolders book of excuses vol 1to 20

at the end of the day lads,no one knows everything in this game.its us that solve the problems on the day.they should learn from us.
dont be tempting them with extra courses that we dont need,im advanced ,and proud of it,i dont need advanced two or three.(it doesent get you any more money)i think if you got more money ,for better grades,then fair enough,but offering an advanced £8.00 an hour,is an insult.

ill book em all mate as the way its going they will be mandatory soon,hope superscaffs ring stings not worsened.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

bombing for beginners lol lol magic.

dont mention drink and def dont mention how to make a prick of yourself with a cheeseburger course :laugh:

celticbhoy the bright red light is now no more than a glow , burns and pride is slowling healing :laugh:

glad to hear that super hope it was all worth it mate,love a game of the old olly crofts pdc championship start thurdays looking forward to bit of that.

yeah , i dont mind playing a bit darts and watching a bit too, watch the championship this time every year almost everygame , red viking has darts down as one of his interests i notice , that an joeseph holtts bitter :laugh:

they playing one of the premiership tournaments up the toon in may i think and we all ganna get tickets for that should be good laff, i always promise myself im ganna go to the championship every xmas and never do, bet its absolutely fcukin crazy down there few days on liquids only right laff i bet . da da dadada da da da daaa da da da daa :laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

everyone got there own walkout music havnt they taylor got , the power, there hawiai 5 0 , whats that coming over the hill,

this is my walkout music :toung:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcMQVCSdk-M]YouTube - I'm about to whip somebody's ass[/ame]

been to a few premier league nights totally mental stuff,some atmosphere esp when hawai 5 o came on.

Top Bottom