training

Scaff27, all im saying if you look at it the lad has come and laboured for the firm the firm thinks hes a good man and wants to keep him, so they send the lad away to be assesed. Not realy trained. though when he comes back he then should get up on the scaffold to start learning his TRADE.The lads weve had here after there part one walk in the door wanting a pay rise right away. Which is no problem if they are making money and can do the job. I think if a mans any good as a boss you keep them, if there a supper scaffolder after there part one and diserve more money they should have it. Though if they get the offer from another firm, who dont train there off with a ticket though have had No training or exsperance. I was tought scaffolding and it is the way. Not like today. If there was a way and a fair way too employee and employer, I would like to see a sceam were the company can and should say if this man or woman is capabel of doing the job.To be sent to an assesment and gain a ticket were all firms want ticketed men, even if they cant do the job is so wrong and only putting scaffolding under the hammer even more with HSE and with out trained and propperly trained men, our industry is halving to pay through there asses on insurance policys.The training of scaffolders in this country is not very good and the ethicks of a scaffolders is money,{ shagging, drink ,drugs and fighting and reading the pictures in the sun} as well, Which we all are chasing. money cant buy life and our trade is not for an untrained supper part one scaff whos knows nothing and been tought nothing, though hes got a ticket which says hes compitant. The part one is a joke and part two is too and when i did the advanced that wasnt that hard. Some of the lads who passed the advanced didnt even know how to put the gate down for a puncheon.There should be a pass port of confidence of trained scaffolders were the company who say he can do a job properly and to plan. And that company should be able to confirm that this man or woman can do the job and to what standard.In my day it was a referance of work and caractor. This could work two ways one on the employee and a referance from the employee on the company were he learnt his trade? somthing is better than what is in place now. Its a money spiner to tick boxes which means jack sh1t the training or essesment from private or citb is rubbish and we all know it. Shame HSE dont know this or act on it. A passport through scaffolding even if you change companys is a guide of the capability to the person who has the ticket. lets be honest if a company wrote John flipflop has been in the industry 9 years and still cant base out. his time keeping is crap and as a part two can only do basic jobs, you would keep a bigger eye on him or her, Take them under your wing and bring them on in there trade. We are only as good as our men, if there any good after youve trained them, then thats credit to the company and the trained member of your staff who stuck at it.

Scaff27, all im saying if you look at it the lad has come and laboured for the firm the firm thinks hes a good man and wants to keep him, so they send the lad away to be assesed. Not realy trained. though when he comes back he then should get up on the scaffold to start learning his TRADE.The lads weve had here after there part one walk in the door wanting a pay rise right away. Which is no problem if they are making money and can do the job. I think if a mans any good as a boss you keep them, if there a supper scaffolder after there part one and diserve more money they should have it. Though if they get the offer from another firm, who dont train there off with a ticket though have had No training or exsperance. I was tought scaffolding and it is the way. Not like today. If there was a way and a fair way too employee and employer, I would like to see a sceam were the company can and should say if this man or woman is capabel of doing the job.To be sent to an assesment and gain a ticket were all firms want ticketed men, even if they cant do the job is so wrong and only putting scaffolding under the hammer even more with HSE and with out trained and propperly trained men, our industry is halving to pay through there asses on insurance policys.The training of scaffolders in this country is not very good and the ethicks of a scaffolders is money,{ shagging, drink ,drugs and fighting and reading the pictures in the sun} as well, Which we all are chasing. money cant buy life and our trade is not for an untrained supper part one scaff whos knows nothing and been tought nothing, though hes got a ticket which says hes compitant. The part one is a joke and part two is too and when i did the advanced that wasnt that hard. Some of the lads who passed the advanced didnt even know how to put the gate down for a puncheon.There should be a pass port of confidence of trained scaffolders were the company who say he can do a job properly and to plan. And that company should be able to confirm that this man or woman can do the job and to what standard.In my day it was a referance of work and caractor. This could work two ways one on the employee and a referance from the employee on the company were he learnt his trade? somthing is better than what is in place now. Its a money spiner to tick boxes which means jack sh1t the training or essesment from private or citb is rubbish and we all know it. Shame HSE dont know this or act on it. A passport through scaffolding even if you change companys is a guide of the capability to the person who has the ticket. lets be honest if a company wrote John flipflop has been in the industry 9 years and still cant base out. his time keeping is crap and as a part two can only do basic jobs, you would keep a bigger eye on him or her, Take them under your wing and bring them on in there trade. We are only as good as our men, if there any good after youve trained them, then thats credit to the company and the trained member of your staff who stuck at it.

I have stated on previous threads that the industry would be better served by experienced scaffold foremen and supervisors undertaking the role of NVQ assessors as part of their day to daywork activities .

thats a good idea. wen they go away to be assesed there sighned off to be abel to do that type of work, which has been sighned off by an advanced scaffolder ect. The training company can see this and then do some training. such as setting up shaws.Even test the lads and if there not up to the sighn off then they go back with an assesment to what they were like as well as there compotance to the scaffolds which were sighned off.We must train and keep it in the work place.And send the tranee to sit in a class room and come back with 99% on there test is crap, And the lad who got 99% still cant do the job. A passport of employment is a way which as an employer we can look at and assess, We have a lad who wants to be sighned off to a part two scaffolder. Lovely guy he new jack **** wen he came here and weve spent a lot of time on him and when i got told he was having an assesment and they would tell him the answers b4 they vidieo him,for his evidence, i was shocked, Training is as ive said b4 is **** and it needs somthing like you have said to come into place.Somone with a week of help and showing them wat is wat could pass the part one course and give someone a mounth of actal training and they could do the part two. With out moving the chimney!.
we need somthing which we can get acsess as employees and employers. The cscs card is ok and is added to your card so how cant we have a log in. To the card noumber to say wat and were this person has done and who with. Its paper work, though it can be done once a mounth or year...theres enough brains on here to fatham out a way to get a better more trained employee,for our industry will half to sort this and help us to help them to get the new blood coming into the industry trained and hopfully they stay with the firm who has trained them. Ive seen it so many times lads chassing money there still part ones. A time limit should be on the ticket, so if they leave as a part one there next employer will half to take on there training. Seen and heard so many promissis and the poor lads are just cannon fodder. With no hope of training. Some lads are just thick and chase money or half too though if they stayed were there getting trained they can get even more money wen trained..

its in the process so candidates will soon be able to forward evidence online...

After reading some of the comments regarding training,i feel i must state that some of the comments i agree with. The problem is all the SG and TG guidence notes the trainee has to know,instead of teaching the trainee get the first box right and the rest of the job will be right. Spend more time teaching the trainee how to base out correctly instead of filling his head with stuff he does not need to know.

After reading some of the comments regarding training,i feel i must state that some of the comments i agree with. The problem is all the SG and TG guidence notes the trainee has to know,instead of teaching the trainee get the first box right and the rest of the job will be right. Spend more time teaching the trainee how to base out correctly instead of filling his head with stuff he does not need to know.

I suggest you lobby your bosses at c skills to change the criteria at asito

We spend alot of time with the men on marking out th job.As well as site manadgment and exsplain why and were to park. we realy want our men to be good maybe to be better than what they can or want to be.Though it is good when we sent a couple of men away and they were sent out on there knot tieing and they know how to base out with a kicker lift. They were amazed of others on the course that didnt have even the basic knoladge. I like many other employers belive in training though when we send young men away to be trained or shall we say instructed.There seems to all and my self that the training is poor. Everyone can pass a ticket. Thats not fair to the employee or the employer. No wonder we have poor trained men and women in our industry. As an Instructor what could you surgest to try and help the New blood coming into the industry and waisting there time going away for five days on assesments that a 15 year old could pass ?

Top Bottom