Rolling notice (1 Viewer)

skyhook

Reaction score
Had my consultation about 6 weeks ago but work has picked up again, been told today that I'm on rolling notice. What does this actually mean ?
I'm assuming it just mean's they can put me on notice without going through the consultation process again, am i right ?
If anyone can shed light on this it would be appreciated, a bit of a grey area for me.
:confused:

They are supposed to give you a letter every week I think giving you another weeks work.
I was on rolling notice for about 4 weeks a few years back. Jumped ship in the end as it was doing my head it.

They think they can play with peoples lives its wrong but unoin should be doing something about it give them a call and raise it with the safety dept tell them how can you work safe if worried about you job

had the rolling notice a couple of times now cant see a problem atleast you know were you stand you either stay and get payed every week why works busy or you jump ship and work for someone else you normally end back were you started anyway no jobs for life exspecially the scaffolding game

Really though... aint we all on 'rolling notice' anyway?
Firms can pretty much get rid of you when they want, unless you are a long timer, ofcourse - in which they will make your lives hell till you leave.

When you enter in to a consultation period its done in three stages and each stage has got to be documented between you and your employer it can take some time to get through each stage but when your in consoltation period a matrix report has got to be done and you are obliged to see the report before going on your notice on the matrix it will score you on points basis and obviously lowest points go and highest stay so if your not happy you have a week to contest your notice in writing to your manager and hr team

been on rolling notice a few times, its horrible but at least its another weeks money each time its rolled and more time to find a new job somewhere else. better than being stuck at home on the rock and roll mate. good luck!

from an emploers point of view or at least mine anyway - you never really want to lose staff, but sometimes due to lack of work you have no choice - so what would be better- to hold back from letting someone go ,and then do it at the last moment,or to be honest with the guys and tell them where they stand and let them make up their own minds weather to leave straight away or stick with in and get another week in and hope things pick up......after watching the news last nite all doom and gloom again i know which way i'd prefer to be

Top Bottom