What did i do in life to be a scaffolder

whats wrong with being a scaffolder.we have to know all trades,we have to understand drawings of jobs,we understand each other in our language.and we love it.you dont get as much craic in an office looking at a screen all day.we are a breed apart,we are the sas of the sites.we are the best.:D

Had a laugh at school. Now having a laugh at work. nowt wrong wi being a scaff

Great game full of nutters. Where else can you fight the steel every day and WIN.

I wouldn't do anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I've made a good living out of it thus far.

Having a degree isn't worth a w@nk these days anyway...

I wanted to be a pro footballer. :cool: Tll I relised I was sh1t:cry:

Mikeboy ! Whats happened mate .I respect what your saying ,It"s a tough old game with no thanks, unless your the bosses mate, but we got to take the ruff with the smooth ,I have been in this game years , and it"s been good to me for the most part, but there have been times when I have thought ,I hate this C..p ,don"t let it get you down fella,it"s only a job after all .

Best education a lad can get. Experience life from the top down. Most educated trade in H/S. Comes with travel perks all paid for (if their paying digs,Phil). Visit exotics places and some kips, No language barriers they all understand our colourful one, Why would you want to do anything else.

happy with my 27 years in the trade so far...great lads to work with( well most anyway)
some great laughs over the years...and its brought me in a tidy living....glad i went with being a scaff at 16 and not a painter on my Y.T.S..

I have been in the game for almost 45 years, and have never regretted going into scaffolding, It gave me the freedom and money I required to live a happy life :toung:

Think Frank Sinatra had scaffolders blood in him :D anyhow he sums up what I feel.............

And now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out, I faced it all
And I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing

To think I did all that
And may I say not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way

For what is a man what has he got
If not himself then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes it was my way

Last edited:
1984 when i wuz at school not once did i ever hear anybody say.. "when i leave school a wanna be a scaff" haha.. its summat ya just seem t be destined t do especially when ya just got owt the slammer an the man at jobcentre says "nowt down for you Mr X.. ya could try scaffolding".. if its fruitcakes ya want, scaffoldings the game

Top Bottom