rates per meter (1 Viewer)

dave b 2

Reaction score
alrite lads and ladys if any wots the going rate per meter for independents thanks

Used to be 8ft (2.4m) an hour with one lift boarded, good firm's paid 6ft (1.8m) an hour setting out

That was single handrails, no PPE, or Sh*t off anyone :D Wagon drivers drove the wagons,plant men drove the plant,labourers did as they were told,new lads were beasted,and scaffolders SCAFFOLDED :D

Thing's aint what they used to be

approx a pound a foot in the north east mate . goes up and down depending on if the lifts boarded or heights . more for ties brick gaurds etc . in my opinion price work is a waste of time these days with all the extra we put into our jobs and the safety regs its not worth it anymore

a quid a ft int far off depends on the firm but 5 yrs ago in the boom we were getting £2.50 a ft. or are you pricing up dave?

yes steve pricing up sorry lads 4 not explaining i no price work rates boys im after what firms r charging on average again sorry chaps

tenner a metre cash . 13 .00 - depending on how much you got on at the time . i have heard of firms charging in excess of 30.00 a metre and geting the jobs in the north east

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

tenner a metre cash . 13 .00 - depending on how much you got on at the time . i have heard of firms charging in excess of 30.00 a metre and geting the jobs in the north east
i meant when everyone was busy sorry only half my post went on

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

i meant when everyone was busy sorry only half my post went on

Hi Mate

We are based in Hampshire, and was charging £16 per linear metre per lift, but have upped it to £18 per l/m per lift inc strike, as rates are rising slightly.

Recently priced a job near London at £25 PLM and got it !!!!!

Still alot of undercutters out there !!! PS: We mainly do housing site contracts.

PLATINUM LTD

Work out mine at £14 per L metre dave, but then sometimes even that doesn;t seem worth it on the smaller jobs. So work out the fuel and a day rate. day up day down etc.

hope the pm helps dave.... not to be posted on the forum..

thinking bout it had it with bosses im just wieghing it up

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

yes steve got it understand the score mate no worries thanks

Well good luck mate. God loves a tryer as they say.

Dave i done exactly the same thing 16 years ago mate , a lot of hard work and stress and money worries but at the end of the day i have something to show for all the hard long 7 days a week i do, instead of some smug supervisor who cant piss straight let alone scaffold telling me i finished 15 minutes to early , you get the chance take it mate : )

yes dandaps still there m8 allan66 ive thought of that side of it and philliosmaximus snap thats wots in my mind not my supervisior its my md hes a right c@@k

good luck with it mate . philomaximus put the good side to you and hes right . i tried and failed as i didnt have enough money to leave my job so was trying to do both a regular job and my own work whilst trying to train for other things as well . i decided long ago that as long as my kids get fed and have shoes on there feet then i m happy . i stopped chasing money and rainbows as well id sooner earn 400 a week and be with my kids and in my own bed than 2000 a week and be home for the odd long weekend . you never know 1 of them might make some good money and look after me when i retire eh

Top Bottom