Jobs you could do.

1969scaff

Reaction score
In our ever changing profession who remembers when a scaff could put up cradles,hoists etc.Now you need a card to put up a poxy alloy tower,wonder if brickies need a card to put up trestles?Have you seen the hand rail system for trestles it uses one board!How the f--- do they get away with it??

We used to put up hoists in the 80s, for the life of me can't remember the name of them. They were the ones with the dodgy brakes that if you weren't careful ended up on the floor :D

Do you mean them barrow hoists?Jesus they where dodgy things,remember riding the hoist to put the chicken wire on,always had some comedian operating it would bring you down at the sped of sound!!

Remember it was part of the job to hang cradles, Hoists used to be delivered, put in place and we would erect the sections as we went. Often used to do hangers using steel ropes none of which needed tickets, you learned from older scaffs who had been doing it for years. The way things have gone would'nt surprise me if you need a minimum 1 day course to put up trestles. If someone identifies a H/S issue there's money to be made from it.

Never once erected a cradle in "Anger" so to speak, the only time I tackled one was on my Advanced Course and then never again, same as Bosuns Chair, have never been involved in them other than the course.

Do you mean them barrow hoists?Jesus they where dodgy things,remember riding the hoist to put the chicken wire on,always had some comedian operating it would bring you down at the sped of sound!!

There the ones:D

all ******** . we now need tickets for the simplest parts of our trade which we would usually make the numb nuts and labourers do . easy edge , haki , system ,alloy towers ,
dont get me started on the advanced "nobody ever fails or erects the same jobs course" back on the drink and ready for a good rant

Top Bottom