all the rush before the rise in vat excuse the pun (1 Viewer)

richard challis

Reaction score
We are a small company and seem to be very busy at the moment do you thik this will go into the new year or things will go a little slow?

Yep we been busy two. Fingers crossed it keeps coming. I do think it will carry on into the new year.

yep think youv got to factor in the vat factor with the current upsurge in construction as a whole,also investors have been holding off for quite sum while now so maybe we are seeing a rise in investor confidence again,lets hope its sustained and that we maybe emerging from a very lean patch to say the least,good luck lads.

A good question Richard and one I have asked myself a few times over the past couple of months. We are a minute firm as well and the last to know when the work is coming or even where it's coming from. The majority of our customers lift the phone and expect us to be there the next day regardless of what else is going on. It doesn't make a conducive environment for expert planning and leaves us running around fighting fires for most of the year. I've got loads of changes I need to make, invest in transport, material and even men if I could even get a clue of what the up and coming demand might be. I cant make up my mind why this is the case, either their work is not confirmed until the last possible minute or more probably that they have given no thought to how they are going to tackle it and just call me when they suddenly realise they can go no further until I send a squad. Usually the claim is they will have at least 12 men standing around until this scaffold is complete.

Sorry, went off on one there,:embarrest: the short answer is I don't know but lets hope not, good luck.

Yeah, got a diary but there is still very little forward planning in it, it's still all retrospective which can make me look like a right **** at times but I can only react to the jobs on offer.

Same for me aom some weeks starts quite then wed or thurs phone goes crazy people wanting jobs up asap.

Nature off the beast I suppose Dandaps but it does get to you at times. I suppose we should just be glad to be grafting.

Top Bottom