SGB Forth Rail Bridge (1 Viewer)

Should be some scaffold on it but probs only handrails and towers on the supports what's the company that's doing it called

The Forth Crossing Bridge Constructors Consortium has been chosen ahead of Forthspan, which had also been bidding for the contract.

It follows an 18-month tender process. The bid for the design-and-build contract is valued at £790m.

Ministers said the condition of the existing bridge, linking Edinburgh and Fife, was deteriorating.

The new Forth road bridge is due for completion by 2016.

The Forth Crossing Bridge Constructors (FCBC) consortium is made up of Dragados, Hochtief, American Bridge International and Morrison Construction.

The consortium said it would cost £1.47bn to £1.62bn, a reduction on the project's original estimated cost of £1.7bn to £2.3bn.

starts end of april-may i belive.........2016 hahahahah they would do well to revise that date with some of the weather conditions they will face.

Completion around 2020 weather permitting. :rolleyes:

the new bridge will be predominantly made of precast concrete sections so not a lot of work for the troops.

chris the boy in the video started with s.g.b. around 87-88 I had to show hom what the fittings were xalled so he could make up the fittings for the loads in the yard,he then went to birchem for the 2 year course,nice laddie not seen him since then,i worked on the bridge for debroh then later for rigblas then palmers,was on that fecker for about a 4 stretch in total

Top Bottom