how high can a scaffold go (1 Viewer)

hemper

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has any views with regards to how high a scaffold can actually go

ask the designers.there the ones with all the experiance.:Dus scaffs just go on going up.:cool:

just wondering if anyone has any views with regards to how high a scaffold can actually go

I know a lad from preston who worked in holland for SGB and did a gas stack or something shown me the pictures ...nearly creamed myself it was about a 1000 foot !!
Also when I was in New York seen a 20'x20' hoist tower about 80 lifts all in Layer.

bloody hell. but surely there must be a cut off point

Once you get away from gravity it shouldn't put any more loading on the scaffold the further you go up. It would need a massive buttress though!!!!!!!

they say scaffolding can go up to 50 metres or 164 feet after that it has to be designed but laws change all the time

is there a point the scaffold will get to before you have to put alot more bracing in or could it just be built as a normal independent !!!

take double standards upso far depending on height,then consult the engineer at what height you can lose them,not a lot changes barr a bit more sway and ledger brace maybe diffrent tie pattern will be insisted upon.

been on some interesting little numbers red viking ,good for you

fair play to you mate

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Or how far down off a hanger:worried:
even better paddy carr. i have personally dropped a hanger down 8 lifts but im sure there is better out there

it also depends on what your hanging from with regards to the drop and weight

Personally the highest scaffolds I have designed tend to be columns on the petrochemical sites. These usually go up to around 100m (50 lifts) and incorporate double standards up to a certain height and may require small bay sizes to reduce the self weight on each standard. It is possible to go higher than this as long as ties to the existing structure are available, the scaffold is braced correctly and the loads on each standard are reduced as much as possible using small bay sizes, reducing the number of boarded and working lifts etc.
I have also designed hangers dropping around 10 lifts inside a power station boiler and on the legs of a North Sea oil platform. As you can imagine the scaffolders do not like building these but sometimes there is no alternative.

Top Bottom