Calling all Impact Wrench users!

It is a pretty hefty piece of kit :D

I guess it may be handy to have around when stripping the jobs we all have that have stood for 12 - 18 months or more .

I seen a gang using these the other day and the fu cking noise these things make :eek: not for me ,but i can see their benefits

love my makita had trouble with my shoulder and wrist, used it the last 3 month and the pains have gone. been in the game 30 year saw it on here ,did some research and bingo the best this in scaffolding today, iam a lot faster and earning more money thanks lads for the heads up:D

As we get older we some times have to make use of all technology just to stand still.

Impact wrenches are the shizzle, unbelievable how much quicker they are, only use mine on brace fittings and trany fittings

they sound good make life easy right?

They make life a lot easier , i do not know anyone who has tried one that is still using a spanner !

You have to try one to see what all the fuss is about ... you won`t regret it .

Yep I use one. Work for a small firm only 8 hands.
Started using one 5 months ago, now
5 of the lads use them.

i want one, but its the £300+ price tag that puts me off:sad2:

Absolutly brilliant wish i had more batteries and for the stuborn scafs who say "no no thats not the way it is done" try one! and trust me no matter what state the fitting is in it will do what you want with out having to concentrate on not wrapping your knuckles.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

cant wait to use it laying down a matt on a roof

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

brilliant for beam work

Impact wrench

Ok now i don't want to start the who's gay for using an impact wrench again thread!

All i want to know is if you've been converted to using one after trying one?

I know RedV swears by his and i think it was Scaff2010 got one to try and there was someone saying that their firm had made them swap to the wrenches, so come on guys true opinion love them or hate them!

(Opinions are only valid if you have used one in the scaffolding industry Please!)

No gayboy answers please!!:nuts::D

Brilliant: Get one and save your joints. Dusty tubes

hello all ive never posted on here... only joined to read others views on these impact wrenches, i was given a hilti impact gun/wrench to try and i do think they're a godsend, i work in the midlands a i like to float around the local firms on weekends, alot of the locals firms hadnt seen/heard of them and since seeing me and my pal with them there also getting them(except for the real old school boys who just say" fcuk them fcukin machine spanners"!) ive had 1 problem though.... one site site agent came over to see why the scaffs were -drilling he thought- seen us using the impact wrenches thought they were a good idea, then he was wondering around the completed lift and spotted what he thought was a bent standard(it was on a spigot topped just above boards) he ragged the tube untill he wobbled it out(**** spigot!) he then went on to say were banned from using the impact wrenches on his site(said we never tighteneed it enough) untill we provide the right literature backing the tool if made/fit for the job!!!! ranting on about touque values and stuff..... we never returned with our impact wrenches!!! he did say we can use for striking tho so halfway there. cheers

hello all ive never posted on here... only joined to read others views on these impact wrenches, i was given a hilti impact gun/wrench to try and i do think they're a godsend, i work in the midlands a i like to float around the local firms on weekends, alot of the locals firms hadnt seen/heard of them and since seeing me and my pal with them there also getting them(except for the real old school boys who just say" fcuk them fcukin machine spanners"!) ive had 1 problem though.... one site site agent came over to see why the scaffs were -drilling he thought- seen us using the impact wrenches thought they were a good idea, then he was wondering around the completed lift and spotted what he thought was a bent standard(it was on a spigot topped just above boards) he ragged the tube untill he wobbled it out(**** spigot!) he then went on to say were banned from using the impact wrenches on his site(said we never tighteneed it enough) untill we provide the right literature backing the tool if made/fit for the job!!!! ranting on about touque values and stuff..... we never returned with our impact wrenches!!! he did say we can use for striking tho so halfway there. cheers

can Garry Adams not help? give him a PM i'm sure he's got all the info? also green and white vik, sorry redviking may also know?

Site agent said you don't know how tight your doing your fittings up(I tried arguing that some of the lads using their spanners gorilla Their fittings whilst others practically nip them so "how do you know how tight their being done up?" - I then thought I'd better shut up before he issued us with touque wrenches!

jakdan is right, Gary is the man for the official answer but as you already know these things will produce a more stable even torque than the best of us. Obviously it goes down as the battery drains but by that time you know it's low and you change it. Tell him to get a torque wrench and check the jobs already on site. Read through this and the other thread as I think all the info is already there.

Top Bottom