Calling all Impact Wrench users! (1 Viewer)

Just recently ive done a few repairs to the older drills tbh a new bare unit costs£140 but if you know what ur doing its a lot easier & cheeper- obviously the brushes are quick,cheep & easy to do but once u open the case everything is easily excessable & fairly cheep to replace.ive never heard of a clutch in the makita but could be wrong the main motor is called the armiture which has a magnet surrounding it & this slots into the back of a direct drive gearbox housing....the housing comes in 2 bits, the actual housing itself where all the gears are & are held in place by a big nut, its the thread on this nut that wears down cos its aliminium & so everything goes loose & wobbly.-the anvil(or drive u fix the socket onto) is located within the opposite end of the gear housing & to change this you just take the big nut off clockwise & the gear block falls out in one lump giving access to change the anvil.when putting it back together special note should be the luggs on the gear housing & the recess on the armiture magnet which need to sit in there respective keeps ....otherwise no mater how much u try u just wont get the 2 halves of the gun back 2gether.ope this info helps & saves you time & money sending it off
I've replaced that bit that goes all wobbley the repair man charged me £50 for doing that including parts .is there a site on internet where you get spares from .i will have to try to fix these probs my self next time

been on a hilti impact for 10 weeks now, and after years and years with a decent leeches swingover i honestly wouldnt go back to 100% spanner.... Its not allot to carry, they dont weigh much, so so much quicker and easier on the wrist and fingers... Definately get more done so winner winner chicken dinner.... And as for the "torque testing " genuis replies-- how can you torque test a human?? because ive had some morons loading bays, birdcages etc slip/drop.... Its a tool at the end of the day, use it well, and it will be blinding, even seen older guys try them and never wanna go back!

Get the milwaukee m18 fuel 3 torq settings overload system so u can't burn the motor out and it's brushless milwaukee is the best one on the market

stripped a job over the last couple of days that was erected by men using IW and what a load of bellocks if you cannot get through the job without a spanner its time to call it a day all they do is over torque the fittings and personally in my opinion for the originals who still use the Elsie Tanner this makes the job so much harder to strike when you are on target to get your money in what is next dropping hemps in from a cherry picker don't care who I offend its only a matter of time before someone puts a claim in for repetitive strain injury on their wrist thanks to the men who cant be bothered to twirl the spanner many thanks to the IW users who are making the job much harder than it already is

My thoughts exactley benjo. They make our day to day job faster and easier i personnally wouldn't give mine up.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Everybody slags these tools off, but until you try one you wont understand the benefit. Ask philiosmaximus he'll agree with me as hes a converter from spanner to wrench.

They're a god send. So many benefits to negatives in fact I can't think of a negative.

He is Scaffy ,
they are a great bit of kit and have a massive role in the game , after more years then i care to remember on the spanner i bought one this year as you know , for striking a spanner will not touch them especially if a jobs been up for a while or on a dirty site they just eat there way through it without any stress on the wrists ,elbows or neck . the only thing is the cost they aint cheap .
As you know Den iam hoping to move yards soon and the last time i struck racks my arms ,neck and wrists ached for days , this baby is gonna cruise straight through the racks :)

stripped a job over the last couple of days that was erected by men using IW and what a load of bellocks if you cannot get through the job without a spanner its time to call it a day all they do is over torque the fittings and personally in my opinion for the originals who still use the Elsie Tanner this makes the job so much harder to strike when you are on target to get your money in what is next dropping hemps in from a cherry picker don't care who I offend its only a matter of time before someone puts a claim in for repetitive strain injury on their wrist thanks to the men who cant be bothered to twirl the spanner many thanks to the IW users who are making the job much harder than it already is
My mate does them up tighter than my iw.the job you struck must of been done up with to much torque trust me the Makita is ok

Well you know what they say steel city cowboy ............. Unlucky go and buy one. And go on price you won't be complaining then will u

all ready on price ya fool and not even my 19inch forearms do them up that tight and as for going out to buy one think I will give that a miss

Honestly SSC you will be impressed , and i do fittings up a lot tighter with me spanner i kept checking to see how tight the IW was doing them when i first started using it and i can nearly always get half a turn with me spanner.

Top Bottom