Calling all Impact Wrench users! (1 Viewer)

TomP

Reaction score
Ok now i don't want to start the who's gay for using an impact wrench again thread!

All i want to know is if you've been converted to using one after trying one?

I know RedV swears by his and i think it was Scaff2010 got one to try and there was someone saying that their firm had made them swap to the wrenches, so come on guys true opinion love them or hate them!

(Opinions are only valid if you have used one in the scaffolding industry Please!)

No gayboy answers please!!:nuts::D

my opinion is no good here then, cos unlike some of the gayboys on here i havnt actually used one :laugh: (Opinions are only valid if you have used one in the scaffolding industry Please!) :D

ha ha! well after the other thread which resorted to name calling and handbags at twenty paces we need some guidelines!

Ok now i don't want to start the who's gay for using an impact wrench again thread!

All i want to know is if you've been converted to using one after trying one?

I know RedV swears by his and i think it was Scaff2010 got one to try and there was someone saying that their firm had made them swap to the wrenches, so come on guys true opinion love them or hate them!

(Opinions are only valid if you have used one in the scaffolding industry Please!)

No gayboy answers please!!:nuts::D

I cant see how a 'Firm can make them swap to Battery operated wrenchs' instead of a fit for purpose scaffolding spanner, when these 'impact wrenchs' are not 'made for fit for purpose scaffolding tools'.

until they are certificated for torque value for scaffold fittings i will not be using one, however, no prejudice to the guys that do use them now.

Never used one, have seen similar with other trades. There was a picture of one posted, but its hard to judge size in relation to ones hand, Anyone got a pic actually using one.

Thanks Paddy.

This week i have been thinking about how much easier it would be on the body to use one and how much quicker it would be to fasten the fittings on the current job im doing, the conclusion i came to was i wouldn't mind giving them a go to see how it is!

i agree with the torque value Paddy, but in saying this some of the fittings i have to undo that have been fastened by hand will will guarentee have gone past the torque limit on an impact wrench let alone the 50kn/m2.

i would call on our esteemed collegue Garry Adams but i guess hes sick of the torque value debate.

How hard can it be to put the torque value on a wrench for the correct one for scaffolding?

When I was out on site the other day I nutted up a couple of fittings with an impact wrench one of my lads uses.

He argues that after 25 years of scaffolding it is a lot easier on his wrists using an impact wrench, rather than a swing over spanner.

He's a good scaffolder with loads of experience and admits that they're only suitable in certain situations, but I was amazed how quickly it did/undid a fitting. I wouldn't want to carry one around on my belt all day though.

However, I still mock him incessantly for using one and suggested that he also procures a tampon holder for his tool belt!

i love mine a epic peice of kit takes some getting used to but when you get the hand on it you fly mine is nice and small ive been useing my hilti for a good 5 months now i keep my swingover on my belt with my ratchet and other tools and my swingover will be staying there because it still gets used every day i will take some pictures monday

HATERS I LOVE YOU ALL XXX

We love you too gay boy xxx

so that a spanner frog, level frog, tape measure holder, ratchet frog, marker pen holder, step up frog and now a bloody tampon holder, me thinks this is getting out of hand!

see thats what i was thinking if your on price its gotta speed things up, maybe balance out the extra time the step up takes?

I cant see how a 'Firm can make them swap to Battery operated wrenchs' instead of a fit for purpose scaffolding spanner, when these 'impact wrenchs' are not 'made for fit for purpose scaffolding tools'.

until they are certificated for torque value for scaffold fittings i will not be using one, however, no prejudice to the guys that do use them now.
hi paddy. well said nd true,coz the only 1's l've seen are for steel erecting nd wheel changing,so therefore their torque settings would be alot higher than ours ???

Er, I haven't really got that much more to say. I just want to get to 600 posts before I get ready to go out tonight.....

scaff2010 yours is the Hilti isnt it?

did you get it on the fleet lease?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

where you goin Phil?

scaff2010 yours is the Hilti isnt it?

did you get it on the fleet lease?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

where you goin Phil?

Taking the missus to her favourite restaurant in Blackheath if you're really interested mate.

who told you about the tampon frog phil got me? i am on price and it makes up for the time useing the step up and gives you more time to smash a few more square up or just abuse sum poor cu*t what ever turns you on!

Job done - 600 posts!

Have a good night chaps :bigsmile:

who told you about the tampon frog phil got me? i am on price and it makes up for the time useing the step up and gives you more time to smash a few more square up or just abuse sum poor cu*t what ever turns you on!

that could be the edge Scaff2010 - how much more labourer abuse time can i get?:D

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

no i paid for mine in full only herd about the fleet after and now the price has gone down now aswell

Killer! i spoke to Mark from Hilti on Friday, i am tempted just cant decide!

If i read the Hilti stuff right it works out at £12.37 a month for the fleet one and they replace any knackered bit or loan you another while yours is being repaired.

To buy one costs £279. now, but the fleet deal is a 3 year agreement.

Tom i was contemplating getting one before i went into H&S, i got a quote from hilti for just over £200, i think it depends if you have your own company, i havn't got the quote anymore from hilti ;)

Cheers Steve, i might get my company to see if they can get it any cheaper!

This doesnt mean your gonna say my scaffolds dont comply due to torque values in bs 1139
are you?

Top Bottom