New apprenticeship scheme (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve gregory

I have just had 1 of my lads doing his 1b of his assessment at a very well known training centre and how amazed I was to be told at how much the Senior Instructor talked down to the candidates and scared the life out of them.

May i remind you that this apprenticeship scheme is for those just starting in the game and you are only allowed by law to give positive feedback to any candidate..

These lads need support otherwise they would be in the army....any more and I will be questioning the acceditation for the company involved...

Careful Steve, where there is a hit, there is a writ.:eek:

Steve is the instructor PTLLS trained

EFA

Last edited:
I have just had 1 of my lads doing his 1b of his assessment at a very well known training centre and how amazed I was to be told at how much the Senior Instructor talked down to the candidates and scared the life out of them.

May i remind you that this apprenticeship scheme is for those just starting in the game and you are only allowed by law to give positive feedback to any candidate..

These lads need support otherwise they would be in the army....any more and I will be questioning the acceditation for the company involved...

Awwwww bless.

I'm sure his Mummy gave him a big hug when he got home and it was all alright again.

This IS a scaffolders forum, isn't it? :unsure:

Some of the kids who have worked for me need this i say as they dont get it in school. A bit of boot camp does no one any harm. Some of the scaffs i have worked with treated the trainees like dogs until they got their act together.

you are right rumple some of the little scroats need it so bad , but i have seen good lads abused by ignorant bullies and have even been so pissed of with one so called big man that i had a word in his ear . You dont have to be a total BAS**** to them fair but firm is the way mate.

We were probably verging on bullying the young team a few years back Phill, never really produced great results, just meant I'd let potentially good boys slip from my grasp, so now it's a bit more slowly gently catch your monkey, so far so good. I think your right, there has to be a balance.

yeah some are little barst!rds and you cant do fcuk all otherwise you ave the brothers uncles round so you bite ya lip as for the keen lads i dont like it when they get abused
cause theres no need for it i would give a keen lad 100% even if he new fcuk all

Agree if the young lad is eager to learn and willing to work, he should be encouraged not abused,

Basiclly this lad has had 6 months in the yard and is eager as f*** to go out and learn but he has only just gained his 18th birthday , so now he can go out into the big wide world and learn , its up to his scaffolder to give him the round of f***s and me to make sure he isnt picking up any bad habits as we all have.
This is a shame when his assessor is praising them and then the senior instructor is pulling them down. This is all the meaning about apprenticeship. To start at the bottom and work upwards. Not fall at the first hurdle.
I'll speak further with him tomorrow and ask the next candidate to video the evidence to be posted on the forum for all to see.
Yes in some aspects we all started off having the fitting thrown back at us if they didnt work when we was labourers ect: but this is a clear case of bullying and that is not on.. I hope the relevent people are watching cos trust me IM WATCHING ALSO WITH INTREST.
This is NOT the way to learn these kids......try respect it gets you alot further in life.....

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Steve is the instructor PTLLS trained

EFA

havent got a clue on that 1......

Should they be given some lollypops and a 10p mix and a cuddle at the end of every shift?? Not really sure theyll get that on site.

Well my old man never talked to me like I was a tw@t so I wouldn't expect it from anyone else.

I ma quick learner!

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I thought there were 2 sides to every story?? Does any1 know the instructors side of it????

I ma quick learner!

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I thought there were 2 sides to every story?? Does any1 know the instructors side of it????
Manners and a brain cost nothing, obviously you've got neither.

So u were there then n know what happened. I know let's shoot now n ask questions later.

All the trainees that have been treated rough make great scaffs its the way it is and always will be, they will treat their trainee the same way its a cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom