I wonder if TG thingy will stop all this naughty business??

moanalot

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loh6YDzSFqY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - scaffolding the easy way[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InoXtWcau2g&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - how not to hemp[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n76yfAEXO7I&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dopey Dave[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKhr9eX27s&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - lazy scaffs[/ame]

shouldnt laugh but they made me chuckle please tell me the first job was a wind up for the video if not invest in some beams and hilties 20ft centres lol.

makes me wonder how the FU** the first job ever stayed up , not even a brace in it :eek:

Its the way the game used to be have a crack but get the work done , now its see if you can get the job done with all the rules and regs , and dont whatever you do smile or laugh :sad:

Don't know about tg20 but a single page risk assessment would have put paid to most of it.:eek::eek:

makes me wonder how the FU** the first job ever stayed up , not even a brace in it :eek:

Its the way the game used to be have a crack but get the work done , now its see if you can get the job done with all the rules and regs , and dont whatever you do smile or laugh :sad:

Just guessing but I assume they ripped the guts out of it then pulled it over :embarrest:

reckon your right redviking cant be a busy firm to be able to video that and then spend
another hour striking the mess thats without all the bent tube and hopeing the neighbours dont pop out at the wrong time with a cup of tea lol.

The answer to this is NO so its up to us to stop this and the SCCR have it from the HSE they will persue these matters if you contact them , whats the point of trying to do it right when joe bloggs down the street is going in half the cost for this sort of work..... THEY WILL SHUT THEM DOWN. The purge has already started...

Remember this is our future we are thinking about.....

The answer to this is NO so its up to us to stop this and the SCCR have it from the HSE they will persue these matters if you contact them , whats the point of trying to do it right when joe bloggs down the street is going in half the cost for this sort of work..... THEY WILL SHUT THEM DOWN. The purge has already started...

Remember this is our future we are thinking about.....
Just wish that I could agree with you bro...When you operate under the radar this is the reality of our game.The only ones who suffer are the ones who do try and do the right thing but are condemned for the slightest little mistake.Unfortunately the scaffolding game will always be "catch me if you can"...And you know it...Cheapest quote gets the job...sorry....

yes that was mentioned on behalf of the sccr to the hse and they fully agree . the hotline is there to use.... name and shame....

hotline , grass line . who do they send batman? the scaffold police ?you try asking a small firm for scaff step they will tell you to fook off , do the job properly and safely and you will be sacked for taking too long or using too much gear . in an ideal world we wouldnt have to work for these firms but we v all got kids to feed and drink habits to keep up with .theres not exactly lots of work about especially if your not willing to travel/dig.

So true. Qs' look through the quotes and go for the cheapest quotes, then the Health and Safety advisor bumps everything up and you just get fooked for an extra premium!

they put all they want in the spec, its all singing all dancing but for the cheapest quote.

Come on do you realy think HSE has the man power to stop these so called scaffolding companys. Not abiding to any standards, Cheap will win. HSE has had a long time to get there house in order.
I just had WCT knock my door and ask all manner of questions brilliant in fact F,,,ing passed the lot no concerns. After a chat, to know that there collecting information on companys is briliant though,when he told me ! 18 companys he just had to walk out the door because they have No insurance what so ever,tells me HSE are doing there job ? I dont know how there going to police the TG20;08, if they cant police basic insurance cover? Is it me, we price against all the big boys down this way and get work,though the smaller jobs 3 too 4 lifts high which arnt tide in or have sole boards on soft ground, we dont get. Totaly given up on HSE in Plymouth, there realy is no other action unless the HSE get the reports which are being taken by such companys like WCT in Cardif. They must act on there feed back, And not stick the paper work on the shelf. Information on the cowboys who are as seen on the vidios posted. Will just take all the good companys down and they will survive,theres no big sites,the big companys arnt here, who do insist on doing the job to the standards.The bread and butter jobs are here though, to go against a company with 8 employees and only 2 with there part one tickets,who erect scaffolding, even on the high way. Brilliant wen we heard the HSE were on there case, though dont know how they did it, there still putting gear up.. TG20;08 cant work with out the HSE getting out and asking us what is wrong. Theres not enough of HSE insectors and there are so many cowboys....Looks like HSE have, and are going to half to work for there wadges.And we just half to hope they do there job on the so called scaffolding companys out there. I dont have much hope on seeing what is out there now, They only fix it if its broken. Come on HSE come out your office and look round. Come on this site were we can maybe give you a clue were your letting these guys work. Its not rocket scince.Cheap wins rules dont by the way its run at the moment if the HSE were a company they would be bankrupt on ther performents levels in CORNWALL.

Come on do you realy think HSE has the man power to stop these so called scaffolding companys. Not abiding to any standards, Cheap will win. HSE has had a long time to get there house in order.
I just had WCT knock my door and ask all manner of questions brilliant in fact F,,,ing passed the lot no concerns. After a chat, to know that there collecting information on companys is briliant though,when he told me ! 18 companys he just had to walk out the door because they have No insurance what so ever,tells me HSE are doing there job ? I dont know how there going to police the TG20;08, if they cant police basic insurance cover? Is it me, we price against all the big boys down this way and get work,though the smaller jobs 3 too 4 lifts high which arnt tide in or have sole boards on soft ground, we dont get. Totaly given up on HSE in Plymouth, there realy is no other action unless the HSE get the reports which are being taken by such companys like WCT in Cardif. They must act on there feed back, And not stick the paper work on the shelf. Information on the cowboys who are as seen on the vidios posted. Will just take all the good companys down and they will survive,theres no big sites,the big companys arnt here, who do insist on doing the job to the standards.The bread and butter jobs are here though, to go against a company with 8 employees and only 2 with there part one tickets,who erect scaffolding, even on the high way. Brilliant wen we heard the HSE were on there case, though dont know how they did it, there still putting gear up.. TG20;08 cant work with out the HSE getting out and asking us what is wrong. Theres not enough of HSE insectors and there are so many cowboys....Looks like HSE have, and are going to half to work for there wadges.And we just half to hope they do there job on the so called scaffolding companys out there. I dont have much hope on seeing what is out there now, They only fix it if its broken. Come on HSE come out your office and look round. Come on this site were we can maybe give you a clue were your letting these guys work. Its not rocket scince.Cheap wins rules dont by the way its run at the moment if the HSE were a company they would be bankrupt on ther performents levels in CORNWALL.
It makes ya blood boil don't it...

Nice rant i love fridays, there are a couple on here who could maybe answer that so I will watch with interest. I can only speak of my local area, where the executive has taken a particular shine recently and I can tell you it fair bumps up the order book. I posted on another thread recently where I felt this guy was not only doing his job but going above and beyond. He has now organised a meeting calling on all involved in construction to attend while he spells out exactly what he expects to see on the sites. Going by what I read on here, it's maybe time they rolled this out nationally.

Top Bottom