The road to recovery?

I take it 'L' is still shooting-up for a living then?

Not quite on the Class A as far as Im aware mate but enough other substances (Some legal some not) to cause considerable concern and the need for proffesional help.

As you know Phil he was more than just a brother in law he was a good mate, but as time goes on the sympathy and understanding soon wear out as not only does he become a burden to the family he is actually also a burden on society and of course he passes his traits onto his kids and so the cycle begins again!!

It just seems to me less and less contribute which means they need to take more and more from those that do and also they wont help those who that want to further themselves.....

I know it might not be popular but we need a Goverment that is going to be strong with a figure head like Thatcher who will implement the tough policies to get us out of the s*it we are in, I dont know whether Cameron is capable of that but they have got to be better than Labour because lets face it no one couldnt be any worse!!

Sorry for politicising the thread but I think its all relevant.

P.S. I have always voted Labour but I am so disillusioned with them and their devistating policies that I have had a complete re-think.

Last edited:
I agree whole 100% , and the way they treated hubby today when he signed on, they aint intrested in helping people who have paid into the system for their 23 years working life. Harder you work = Harder they will shaft you from behind DRY!

them spanners are like wands to preety to use at work, you are right its all temp at the mo, but maybe when most firms get there budgets it might kick off if not there be a lot more of us on the rock and role as there use the poles, a lot cheapper

PW you seem to have your current lads best interests at heart,as you say i hope they show your firm the same loyalty and commitment that you have shown in them during these testing times.You are proberly in a minority of gaffers who have acted in this way,when the lads employment and continuation of it could have been in danger well done to you mate.

PW you seem to have your current lads best interests at heart

Thanks daz, but we do it as a team...I'm a firm believer in your lads (and training) being your greatest asset as a company as they are the ones that are at the forefront of everything we do. I hope none of them are reading this or they will be banging my door down for a rise!! but on the whole they are great lads and I enjoy working with them, thats what gives us in the office the motivation to get us all through these tough times.

You have so restored my faith that their are still brillant employers out there . :D
Your gold dust .
The best scaffolding firm that my husband worked for , was very similar to your standards, its a shame that the company ended selling up 2 years ago :(

like all firms today they take the best from you when you need them to help you out to keep you working there like banks just screw you till you cant bleed anymore but when it picks up the think your wonderfull againe, sad but the industry now seems to be on its knees, and how is you go on a site now and your then only lot by mangement who speaks the queens english.

Top Bottom