Should Agency's pay to advertise jobs on here? (1 Viewer)

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
Just reading the Robert Hurst saga in the jobs thread and have noticed loads of complaints with regard to the agencys taking and not giving anything back to the men. Do you think it would be a good idea for these agencys to have to pay to advertise on here, i think they are rubbing their hands with glee at the moment as they are getting an endless supply of men for free from this site. Maybe a monthly fee or pay by job ad etc. Discuss....

I doubt if Robert Hurst would be willing to pay the forum, and if they did the forum would have to wait for their money.

Last edited:
i think we as a forum need to realise the men need the agencies on here as its the men who benefit most. The agencies however should be taken to task if they dont deliver though. This should be by the website moderators or SF Admin once a query is established, it does not pay to hold a kangaroo court on one side of someones story every other day.

i agree with both...
agencys r rubbing theyr hands here but also we need agency's..
90% of jobs we see these days are through agencys...
nothing much we can do at these times...

Good idea, but with some of them paying £12 hour in todays adverts, dont think they will be able to afford it. Well said SWIFTY like your style.

I don't think the agencies should be charged as they do benefit the forum. But I think a card system would be good, say three proven without doubt strikes and out.

RHL 1st strike.

Last edited:
I can understand what your saying rumple, but at the same time how many of the lads on hear have warned us about not working for certain companys, quite a few in the last month or so. And as the man in question re Slav80 he got everything he deserved. Like i said before boycott them all.

You need a rating for agencies on here,the better the rating the more an agency can pay,i dont think the top agencys on here would mind that at all.Robert Hurst seems to be a decent agency on here they always seem to pay well and always say how long the job is for..Yes i know Slav hasnt been paid yet.When i lived in America the construction workers all paid 25 cents each per week that went in to a pot.If something went wrong like a company going bust there was money there to help the workers.I know it wasnt a big town where i lived over there but theres were always money there if needed.

I can understand what your saying rumple, but at the same time how many of the lads on hear have warned us about not working for certain companys, quite a few in the last month or so. And as the man in question re Slav80 he got everything he deserved. Like i said before boycott them all.

Oldscaff,
you cannot boycott agencies if you're out of work and they're the only option, there are good and bad agencies
I have never had any dealings with RHL but because of their own postings on this forum I have formed an opinion of the type of people working there.

its not only the agencys that are gainning free advertising there is a lot of other parties
getting a free surf on the forum they should start surfing on the advertising page like the others have done.

some of the lads are dependant on these agency's to feed their family's and pay their bills ,
there are good and bad agencys as there are good and bad scaffold companys , once you get caught you dont go back , i personally think its a good idea that they advertise here as it makes it easier for lads to find work , at least there is the opportunity to voice your opinion and warn other lads about them here :)

Fair play lads i understand what you are saying, but i wont be working for any of them just my opinion.

its not only the agencys that are gainning free advertising there is a lot of other parties
getting a free surf on the forum they should start surfing on the advertising page like the others have done.

I think we should all pay a fee to be on this website lets say £20 per year for an individual and £100 for a company. It would enable us all to say what we like about anyone and anything plus rate the companies that come on.

Rumple you must be earning to much money, only joking are you on Sellafield.

Far too much rumple, A super fast server costs 5 grand per year and this site has nowhere near enough members to warrant that sort of cost anyways. Introduce a 20 quid subscription and see people say bye bye to the forum.

Well what about the agencies being vetted via the SCCR. The agencies are then given a 3 strike ruling . The sccr would then keep you guys informed and you know you'll all get the truth on wether they are crap or not. Its not that hard is it 20% tax and paid after a week in hand, Also agencies having to supply PPE for there workforce.

How do they recover the cost of the PPE if the job is only for a short duration?

Last edited:
if the ppe which would be signed for isnt given back then stopped out of final weeks monies. its time these agencies became responsable for there positions as employers.

i think it would be almost impossible to a agency rated on merit, always going to get the problem of differing opinions of lads who have had good and bad experiences with these agencies. have chatted to the admin on here about the problem. and like he said they are a life line for lads out of work or desperate for a bit of earning..
i think the best way forward is just for lads to detail any problems they get and who with ..and then its just a case of taking your chances...

Top Bottom